May 24, 2018
cheat summon Diplocaulus_Character_BP_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Diplocaulus/Diplocaulus_Character_BP.Diplocaulus_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Aberrant Diplocaulus
cheat summon Diplocaulus_Character_BP_Aberrant_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Diplocaulus/Diplocaulus_Character_BP_Aberrant.Diplocaulus_Character_BP_Aberrant'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Diplocaulus (Gauntlet2)
cheat summon Diplocaulus_Character_BP_STA_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis2/Missions/ModularMission/Gauntlet2/STA/Dinos/Diplocaulus_Character_BP_STA.Diplocaulus_Character_BP_STA'" 500 0 0 35
- Aberrant Megalosaurus
- Blood Crystal Wyvern
- Ember Crystal Wyvern
- Fire Wyvern
- Forest Wyvern
- Ice Wyvern
- Lightning Wyvern
- Poison Wyvern
- Tek Quetzal
- Tropical Crystal Wyvern
Presiding almost solely within the Island's swamps, Diplocaulus natatorinutrix is a small amphibian that primarily eats minor fish. It rounds out what I consider to be the middle-bottom of the ecosystem, feeding on the tinier non-insect creatures of the Island while itself being a common snack for the larger carnivores. Because so many creatures prey on it, Diplocaulus has become very skittish and often flees at the first sign of trouble. It uses its amphibious nature to escape into whichever environment its predator isn't native to. Diplocaulus' unique capability to retain vast quantities of oxygen allows it to effectively remain submerged for hours at a time, usually outlasting even other amphibious creatures that might otherwise prey upon it.
There are only a few uses for tamed Diplocaulus. It is primarily kept for the (rather disgusting) practice of employing a Diplocaulus as an oxygen bag. Diplocaulus stores air in the bladders of its head, and divers can suck from these bladders to take deep breaths while submerged, supporting long-term underwater exploration without the use of external gear. Surprisingly, Diplocaulus is also extremely efficient when it comes to hunting Trilobites.
Being a common prey item, the Diplocaulus will run at the first sign of danger.
The Diplocaulus resembles a large newt with a low-slung and flabby body, slimy skin, and a paddle-like tail for moving through stagnant swamp water. However, the creature's head makes it impossible to mistake for any other creature. Shaped like a boomerang, the amphibian's head has two primary purposes. First, like a hydrofoil, its vanes improve its swimming speed to escape any predator. Second, it has evolved to store air bladders, a trait unseen in its fossil kin. These bladders act as buoyancy manipulators, allowing it to dive deeper by expelling air or move to the surface by filling them up.
Color Scheme and Regions
This section displays the Diplocaulus's natural colors and regions. For demonstration, the regions below are colored red over an albino Diplocaulus. The colored squares shown underneath each region's description are the colors that the Diplocaulus will randomly spawn with to provide an overall range of its natural color scheme. Hover your cursor over a color to display its name and ID.
This information can be used to alter the Diplocaulus's regions by entering
cheat SetTargetDinoColor <ColorRegion> <ColorID> in the cheat console. For instance,
cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6 would color the Diplocaulus's "body" magenta.
Base Stats and Growth
|Attribute||Base Value||Level Increase||Taming Bonus|
- For a comparison of the stats of all creatures, see Base Creature Statistics.
- For an explanation of exactly how the levelup calculation works, see Creature Stats Calculation.
- 1These are the base speeds of the creature at 100% Movement Speed.
- 2These are the speeds of the creature tamed and non-imprinted.
- For a comparison of the speeds of all creatures, see Base Creature Speeds.
Wild Stats Level-up
Type in values of a wild creature to see on which stats it's emphasized. Green values on a high-level creature are very good for breeding. If you have already tamed your creature you can try to recover the breeding stats with an external tool.
The stat-calculator does not work in the mobile-view, see here for alternatives: Apps
Note that after the creature is tamed it gets bonuses on some stats depending on the taming effectiveness. This makes it hard to retrieve the levels on a tamed creature, so this tool is only for wild ones, but gives a first impression, how well the stats are distributed.
|Cooked Lamb Chop||6||5||1||1||0:14:24|
|Raw Prime Meat||4||0||0||0||0:09:37|
|Cooked Prime Meat||7||10||2||1||0:16:48|
|Raw Prime Fish Meat||9||0||0||0||0:10:49|
|Cooked Prime Fish Meat||18||22||5||3||0:22:12|
|Raw Fish Meat||26||41||9||5||0:31:13|
|Cooked Fish Meat||52||41||9||5||0:31:13|
|KO: × 22; × 9; × 3; × 2; × 1; × 1|
|Torpidity-depletion: 0.3 / s, Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:12:13|
|Cooked Lamb Chop||11||21||5||3||0:26:23|
|Raw Prime Meat||8||0||0||0||0:19:13|
|Cooked Prime Meat||15||53||11||6||0:35:58|
|Raw Prime Fish Meat||18||5||2||1||0:21:37|
|Cooked Prime Fish Meat||36||81||17||9||0:44:24|
|Raw Fish Meat||54||149||31||16||1:04:49|
|Cooked Fish Meat||107||147||30||15||1:04:13|
|KO: × 61; × 25; × 7; × 4; × 3; × 2|
|Torpidity-depletion: 0.5 / s, Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:20:09|
|Cooked Lamb Chop||17||63||14||7||0:40:46|
|Raw Prime Meat||11||4||1||1||0:26:25|
|Cooked Prime Meat||22||113||24||12||0:52:45|
|Raw Prime Fish Meat||28||34||7||4||0:33:37|
|Cooked Prime Fish Meat||55||175||37||19||1:07:50|
|Raw Fish Meat||82||301||63||32||1:38:25|
|Cooked Fish Meat||163||299||63||32||1:37:49|
|KO: × 100; × 41; × 12; × 7; × 5; × 3|
|Torpidity-depletion: 0.66 / s, Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:25:36|
|Cooked Lamb Chop||22||112||24||12||0:52:45|
|Raw Prime Meat||15||32||7||4||0:36:01|
|Cooked Prime Meat||30||203||44||22||1:11:56|
|Raw Prime Fish Meat||37||72||16||8||0:44:25|
|Cooked Prime Fish Meat||73||290||62||31||1:30:01|
|Raw Fish Meat||110||491||105||53||2:12:02|
|Cooked Fish Meat||219||488||104||52||2:11:26|
|KO: × 140; × 57; × 16; × 9; × 7; × 4|
|Torpidity-depletion: 0.79 / s, Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:29:33|
|Cooked Lamb Chop||28||185||40||20||1:07:09|
|Raw Prime Meat||19||70||16||8||0:45:37|
|Cooked Prime Meat||37||301||65||33||1:28:43|
|Raw Prime Fish Meat||46||121||27||14||0:55:13|
|Cooked Prime Fish Meat||92||433||94||47||1:53:27|
|Raw Fish Meat||138||713||155||78||2:45:38|
|Cooked Fish Meat||275||709||154||77||2:45:02|
|KO: × 180; × 74; × 20; × 12; × 9; × 5|
|Torpidity-depletion: 0.92 / s, Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:32:39|
|Cooked Lamb Chop||33||258||57||29||1:19:08|
|Raw Prime Meat||23||118||26||13||0:55:13|
|Cooked Prime Meat||45||426||94||47||1:47:54|
|Raw Prime Fish Meat||56||188||42||21||1:07:13|
|Cooked Prime Fish Meat||111||596||131||66||2:16:53|
|Raw Fish Meat||166||961||212||106||3:19:14|
|Cooked Fish Meat||332||961||212||106||3:19:14|
|KO: × 219; × 90; × 25; × 14; × 10; × 5|
|Torpidity-depletion: 1.04 / s, Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:35:12|
Note that the values are for optimal cases, always bring extra supplies!
For a level-dependent count of resources needed, try an external taming calculator.
Sneak up on a Diplocaulus and throw a bola on it to keep it from fleeing, then proceed to violently tame it. NOTE: Make sure to kill all enemies around them while taming. Otherwise when it wakes up its going to flee, get swarmed, and die.
Another method, likely preferred given the dangers of the swamps it is found in, is to pick it up out of the water with a flying mount and tame it in a pen or otherwise less hostile area. Care must be taken when trying this as it will start to flee from the player, likely into hostile mobs, so it must also be picked up quickly when spotted while also avoiding hitting the water and getting knocked off the flying mount.
This section describes how to react in an encounter with the Diplocaulus.
Diplocaulus is extremely skittish and will flee on sight of you. Though not as fast on land than in water, its speed in water is immense.
Bola it to stop it in its tracks, or chase it till it gets stuck under a rock. This should keep it stuck, and let you tranquilize it quickly for taming, or quickly shoot it to death if there is an enemy rider.
Diplocaulus is extremely weak. It is threatened by almost everything.
- Organic Oxygen Tank/Diving Partner: The Diplocaulus can be used as a portable Oxygen supply, at the cost of the creature's own Oxygen. It can only be ridden underwater, but is a fast swimmer that's able to out-speed many oceanic threats. While riding a Diplocaulus your Oxygen will be slowly filled, and its own Oxygen will deplete. They do not seem to use Oxygen otherwise, making it a great diving partner. Be careful while exploring with the Diplocaulus, as you may leave your frail mount deep down in an ocean filled with a platoon dangerous predators. (Level up in oxygen and/or weight)
- Trilobite hunter: Diplocaulus have an extremely high damage multiplier against the Trilobite. With this multiplier, Diplocaulus can usually kill Trilobites instantly and harvest the Raw Meat, Chitin, Oil, and Silica Pearls they drop with relative ease (Level Melee Damage and Weight).
- Swimmer: Diplocaulus are rather quick creatures underwater, and their Oxygen tank qualities also make them unique swimming mounts and partners for deep dives. However, the deep seas are rife with danger, and it is ill advised to confront them with such a creature.
- Pet: The Diplocaulus is extraordinarily cute. They make adorable noises and have a squat and short stature. This makes them a favorite creature of some paleontologists and a very fun pet to have for aquatic life enthusiasts. Some survivors like to have Diplocaulus in their aquatic bases as companion pets and simply friends. (Level up and happiness!)
- Aquatic Transport: Although in most ways inferior to the fleeting Sarcosuchus , a Diplocaulus can transport light goods from water to land safely and quickly. (Level Weight)
- Aquatic Scout: Due to the Diplocaulus' small size and decent speed, it can make for a great scout similar to the Ichthyosaurus, with the only disadvantage being that it is easier to spot due to the ocean not being their normal habitat.
For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Diplocaulus, see the relevant Wikipedia article.
- Although the Dossier states they are piscivores, they are in fact carnivores and eat Raw Meat too.
- Dino Dossier was revealed on 10/02/15 on Steam.
- Despite being labelled as a "Small amphibian" in the dossier, it is roughly 5.9 meters in game.
- While Diplocaulus does not require a saddle, it can only be mounted in the water.
- While mounted, the player will breathe from the Diplocaulus' much greater Oxygen supply, allowing long diving trips for lower level players, to reach those precious Oil rocks and Silica Pearls at the bottom of the sea.
- Diplocaulus is narrow enough to pass through small openings like Stone Windowframe and Stone Doorframe at ground level. Keep this in mind when building taming boxes to hold them.
- Diplocaulus regenerate way more Health when being forcefed Meat, but only while swimming.
|248.0||Diplocaulus is added to the game|
|248.2||Fixed Diplocaulus unboarding movement in local play|
|275.0 Aberration Expansion Release||Added Aberrant Diplocaulus|