- Advanced Bullet
- Advanced Rifle Bullet
- Advanced Sniper Bullet
- Assault Rifle
- Cannon Shell
- Compound Bow
- Fabricated Pistol
- Fabricated Sniper Rifle
- Flak Boots
- Flak Chestpiece
- Flak Gauntlets
- Flak Helmet
- Flak Leggings
- Fur Boots
- Fur Cap
- Fur Chestpiece
- Fur Gauntlets
- Fur Leggings
- Ghillie Boots
- Ghillie Chestpiece
- Ghillie Gauntlets
- Ghillie Leggings
- Ghillie Mask
- Longneck Rifle
- Pump-Action Shotgun
- Riot Boots
- Riot Chestpiece
- Riot Gauntlets
- Riot Helmet
- Riot Leggings
- Rocket Pod
- Rocket Propelled Grenade
- Simple Pistol
- Simple Shotgun Ammo
- TEK Chestpiece
- Tek Boots
- Tek Gauntlets
- Tek Helmet
- Tek Leggings
- Tek Railgun
- Tek Rifle
- Tek Sword
This page may contain spoilers related to the background-story of ARK: Survival Evolved.
If you want to experience the story ingame, you probably shouldn't continue reading on this page.
Unlike most creatures, the Ice Titan picks certain targets to kill and mainly focus on those targets. It pounds and swipes at its targets and jumps.
The Ice Titan is a massive quadrupedal monster with small teeth, huge claws and horns similar to that of a bighorn sheep. It also has a single horn in the middle of the other horns. The Ice Titan also has bright white fur. It stands at 253 feet (77.3 meters) tall, and 532 feet (162.3 meters) long.
- Lord of Winter
- King of Ice
- Glacial Titan
- Winter Titan
- Ice Manipulator
- Mountainous Ice Titan
- Ice Kaiju
Color Scheme and Regions
The Ice Titan always spawns with the same color scheme and has no color regions.
This means it is currently impossible to make alterations to the Ice Titan's colors.
Base Stats and Growth
- NOTE that the Ice Titan always spawns at level 1500 and that the stats below are for it's 1500 stats not level 1 stats.
|Attribute||Base Value||Level Increase||Taming Bonus|
- For a comparison of the stats of all creatures, see Base Creature Statistics.
- For an explanation of exactly how the levelup calculation works, see Creature Stats Calculation.
- 1These are the base speeds of the creature at 100% Movement Speed.
- 2These are the speeds of the creature tamed and non-imprinted.
- For a comparison of the speeds of all creatures, see Base Creature Speeds.
Wild Stats Level-up
Type in values of a wild creature to see on which stats it's emphasized. Green values on a high-level creature are very good for breeding. If you have already tamed your creature you can try to recover the breeding stats with an external tool.
The stat-calculator does not work in the mobile-view, see here for alternatives: Apps
Note that after the creature is tamed it gets bonuses on some stats depending on the taming effectiveness. This makes it hard to retrieve the levels on a tamed creature, so this tool is only for wild ones, but gives a first impression, how well the stats are distributed.
This section describes how to fight against the Ice Titan.
When you teleport back to the Snow Dome, the Ice Titan begins to assimilate out of thin air. The battle begins when the Titan lets out a loud roar after it jumps in the center of a platform in the Snow Dome.
The Ice Titan can be considered to be the most difficult of the 3 Titans (thus excluding the King Titan) with its base HP of 350000 and its attack dealing up to 3875 damage. Its stomps are easily dodgeable. You should try to avoid its breath attack, as it will automatically freeze the survivor solid and leave it prone to two attacks from it. The jumping attack is somewhat hard to avoid due to the area it can stomp on. The goal to defend from it is to run as soon and as fast as possible from where it aims (most probably, the survivor) in a straight line. One tactic is to charge directly at the Ice Titan, as it can overshoot and land behind.
After a period of time, the Ice Titan will start to periodically emit an icy mist. This mist will begin to freeze the survivor, eventually immobilizing them. Note that if you get frozen you can constantly use your attack (default , , ) to thaw you out faster. Creatures that are frozen will be incapacitated for much longer, typically 30 to 60 seconds.
If you're planning to kill the Ice Titan there are a few important things to take note of. Due to the sporadic targeting nature of the Ice Titan it can be difficult to contain it to the arena since it will jump around and target any living creature in the area. Therefore if you plan to kill the Ice Titan you will need to entice it with some sturdy tames.
- Having a Mek will always be effective when fighting any Titans due to their strong stats including damage and their ability to use attachments. It's ability to jump and boost in any direction can be quite useful to avoid it's hits.
- If using a Mek, having a Scout can also be useful due to their ability to heal Meks. Either controlled by another player or if you retreat from the battle while the Ice Titan is busy on another wild creature.
- Using a Snow Owl can be useful due to its ability to heal allies.
- As always having a Yutyrannus is always advised due to its courage roar and can use the fear roar to scare away creatures attempting to interrupt the fight.
- Carcharodontosaurus can be a powerful adversary for its strong stats, frenzy buff from killing creatures and knockback tail attack.
- Giganotosaurus rushing can be very effective due to their powerful stats, so long as the player keeps their distance.
- While not nearly as effective as the Gigas, Rex rushing can still be used.
- Having a couple of Velonasaur can also be useful as a background support creature firing at the Titan.
- Having a few Managarmr can be a effective strategy against the Ice Titan due to their breath attack and quick speed.
- The Ice Titan is the most agile of the Titans.
- It can shoot ice at enemies dealing 500 damage and freezing them.
- His breath will instantly freeze you and your tames in place, making anything frozen an easy target to kill.
- The Ice Titan also deals 300 damage while walking.
- Lastly, its ice aura also tends to drag out the fight, allowing it to deal more heavy blows or create a time gap large enough to cause a survivor to make a fatal mistake. The ice aura starts to emit when you either brings the titan's health to half or you destroyed its first corruption node on its right ankle.
- Any creature affected by its freezing attacks and aura get a debuff where the Ice Titan's attacks deal 50% more damage. For example, if a creature with no armor tanks 3875 damage points from the Ice Titan's center ground slam, it will now deals 5812 damage points with the same attack if the creature is frozen.
The Ice titan has an attack "blindspot" on its flanks. This, in turn, forces the Titan to constantly rotate to center itself on you. It is risky when the Ice Titan's hand can trip your Mek, making you vulnerable to its ground pound. Also be careful if close to the feat, as it can also stomp with it for 3100 damage.
For players that use Meks, the Ice Titan attack's are extremely slow, giving players enough time to dodge its attacks. A player in a Mek can use a variety of combo attack while also dodging its attacks. For example, when you use the Mek's boosters to fly towards the titan, move in any other direction at the last moment, making the Ice Titan miss its attack. Additionally, it will now need to adjust itself to be centered on the player, giving them enough time to land several attacks and safely retreat out of its attack zone while using its pistol to deal more damage.
NOTE: The loot will sometimes appear in a dropped item cache, even if your tames don't destroy the body. You only have 3 minutes before this cache expires, so clear the area and find it quickly. For this reason it's best to try and arrange your battles for the daytime.
The Ice Titan is tamed by attacking the corruption nodes on it's right ankle, right shoulder and chest in that sequence, they have 25k, 25k and 50k HP respectively. After all corruption has been destroyed, it can be tamed simply by interacting with it. It will then be automatically equipped with a special Platform Saddle.
When hitting the nodes, you will get a purple hit marker instead of the usual red one, the node will emit purple blood as well and it will react to the hit. The damage done to the creature is actually transferred to the node and the creature gets 1 damage instead. Note that they are immune from instant single hit weapons ( Simple Pistol, Fabricated Pistol, Longneck Rifle, Fabricated Sniper Rifle, Assault Rifle) yet usually multi-hit weapons work ( Shotgun, Pump-Action Shotgun, Tek Railgun). They are not affected by the area effect of explosions, yet the Titan is; the direct projectile hit does damage the node. In addition, there's a vertical and horizontal maximum distance from which you can hit the Titan where you will get a special message indicating that the hit did not connect. The Managarmr Ice Breath attack does a small fraction of 1 of damage and cannot be considered a viable solution to help tame Titans. As damage accumulates on the node, it's animation should get more vigorous and start having blinking hues of cyan.
Note that the node gets fully healed when the Titan gets too far from the spawn area, you will get the "returning to center" message when this happens, in addition to healing the Titan 0.25%.
When using a Mek to tame the Ice Titan, be sure to use both the boosters and pistol, enabling the Mek to damage the node while also dodging its attacks. When hitting its right ankle, you need to be in range of its rear foot stomp, dodging it at the last second. This gives a decent time gap for you to damage the node while it tries to adjust itself on you. To hit the node on its right shoulder, you need to provoke it to use its side ground pound attack, giving time to damage the node. For the chest node, you simply need to aim at the chest and only move back when the Ice Titan is doing its center ground pound attack animation.
A way to help taming is using Purlovia, Basilisk, or Reaper King and burrow them within the area. While burrowed, they do not take damage and will act as a practically infinite distraction, allowing easy shots to the corrupt nodes. Placing several of any of the burrowed creatures will be more effective, as it will give a greater chance for the Titan to aggro on them.
A common tactic is to use a M.S.C.M. Module on a Mek to destroy the nodes. Be careful as the Cannon Shell for the module is extremely expensive. In the fight itself, you should keep distance with your Mek and should really only attack the titan when it is distracted by wild creatures. You can then get closer to it, quickly switch to stationary mode and shoot a shell at the node. For the last node, you need to get it to focus on you and while it is walking towards you quickly shoot a rocket at the node. Note that because of it's slow speed and area damage it can be hard to hit the nodes and avoid the damage to the Titan. In single player mode, it does 3× the damage and this tactic can be used to quickly tame one; as well as on servers with high damage multipliers. The base damage of the shell on the Ice Titan is 2203 while it's blast damage is 1224, which means you would need 12 successful shots for the 25k nodes and 23 on the last one in Single Player, while you'll need 3× that amount on Official rate servers, dealing a lot more unwanted damage on the Titan.
It is important to note that the more damage done to the Titan, the weaker it will be after it has been tamed, in addition to it not immediately healing when tamed:
|HP Left||Max HP||Stamina|
The following items are needed to open the Ice Titan Portal:
|Item Required||Ice Titan|
|Artifact of the Void||1|
Tribute Spawn Commands
Use these commands to give yourself all the items needed for tribute:
- War Machine: The Ice Titan can be a devastating tame to have due to it's destructive power, ability to freeze opponents, and platform saddle
- Legendary Orbital Supply Drop Defense: Because of its attacks being 10x stronger to corrupted, the Ice Titan can one shot a huge majority of creatures on legendary difficulty with its ground slam dealing 48,759 to corrupted creatures. Only the Enraged Corrupted Rex can tank 3-4 of its buffed up ground slams.
The Ice Titan can be tamed to help defeat the King Titan.
- The Ice Titan is the 4th largest creature in the game (the largest being King Titan, second being Rockwell,and finally the third being the Alpha Deathworm/ Iceworm Queen.
- The Forest Titan is larger than the Ice Titan in height however the Ice Titan is bulkier and longer making it the larger of the two.
- Even though the Ice Titan's level is 1500 when summoned, if you attempt to summon one at a different level, its stats will remain the same regardless of its level. This also applies to the rest of the Titans.
- The Ice Titan is the most agile of the four Titans.
- The Ice Titan's internal name "Ice Kaiju" is a reference to Godzilla and other kaiju.
- Rock Drake, Deinonychus and Ice Titan are the only creature that possess an icon different from their dossier/hologram.
- Prior to Patch 287.110, Titans were able to be fed with Kibble to prevent them from starving to death.
- There appears to be a bug where if you are riding a crature and get frozen while wearing Tek armor, you will be unable to move your character outside of jumping. If this happens the only known way to fix it is to die. Unequip your Tek armor and either have a tribemate kill you and bring you back your stuff or die by your own way and go out to collect your items.
- The bug can also be fixed by a server restart. While this is impractical in Multiplayer, if you happen to be playing in Single Player, simply relogging will fix the bug.
- If using walls as a 1.8-1.9 template, the Ice titan is 30 walls tall. This makes it height around 54–57 meters tall or about 177–187 feet tall.
- When transferring a Titan it takes ~15 minutes before it downloads completely.
- Transferring a Titan drains its food completely and prevents it from being fed even if raid feeding is enabled.
- The Ice and Desert Titans have a limit to how much damage they can take per second, so it is impossible to one shot them. (Tested with 1 quadrillion melee giga and
- If there is a server reset while you have tamed an Ice Titan, it can lose it's saddle, however you can still mount it. While in this state and dismounting, it will move the player very high in the sky wherever it was first mounted and you still need to walk off the Titan. Also it's Max HP is reset to 350000.1.
|285.104 Extinction Expansion Release||Ice Titan is added to the game|
|289.100||Improved placement of visible health bar|
|291.100||Changed it so Ice Titan considers more targets as a leapable-enemy|
|298.3||Freeze breath ability cooldown reduced to 12 seconds|
|304.44||Fixed ice breath going through mesh|
Note: For changelog on all titans in general, go to Titans
The Ice Titan as seen in the trailer for Extinction.