When harvesting a corpse without a dino, using a Chainsaw is the most effective tool to use. Hide can also be harvested with a Metal Hatchet or Pick. See the chart below for the most effective ways to harvest Hide.
|Creature / Tool||Gain per action|
Hide is an important resource in crafting. It can also be used with 6 Oil to make Gasoline in a Refining Forge or Industrial Forge, a vital resource for later level players who wish to run advanced machinery.
Hide is used to craft a lot of items, including:
- Hide Sleeping Bag
- Water Jar
- Platform Saddles
- Metal Pick
- Metal Hatchet
- Longneck Rifle
- Cloth Gloves
- Hide Armor
- Fur Armor
- Chitin Armor
- Flak Armor
- SCUBA Gear
- Heavy Miner's Helmet
- Wooden Spike Wall
- Metal Spike Wall
- Wooden Raft
- C4 Charge
- Improvised Explosive Device
- Phiomias can yield large amounts of Hide and Meat, however, they will flee from players when attacked.
- Parasaurs hold no inherent danger, as they will flee upon initiating combat, often getting themselves stuck on rocks or trees. This opens it up to be easily killed or knocked out.
- Dodo and Lystrosaurus are good sources of Hide early game. Dilos too, but you need to fight them.
- Jerboa are common, easy to kill and yeild more Hide than even a paracer, making them great sources of hide in all stages of the game although still outmatched by Phiomia.
|312.65||Increased the cost of Hide in the Hex Exchange to 60 Hexagons.|