This article is about content that has been announced but not yet released.
This feathered fella is so much bigger than the Yi species I knew in my day! Despite its aberrant size, Yi ling is still somehow light enough to cling to walls and it can even glide short distances. It’s light on its feet as well, able to dodge attacks on the run. I’m glad Yi seems to prefer prey smaller than itself, because it can eject a spray of barbed feathers at an unhappy target before darting in to rip them back out. Its unique firepower may expose Yi in the short term, but its protective plumage regrows fast.
A tamed Yi makes for an excellent -- if precarious -- hunting mount. Some tribes use them as caravan scouts, others to torment enemy forces. I’ve seen Yi scarf up the weird mushrooms, congealed gas balls, and nameless creatures scurrying around down here. Who knows what effect a diet like that would have on its feathery weaponry? Watch what your Yi eats, and you just might learn to sharpen its fighting skills!
Color Scheme and Regions
The Yi Ling's information is currently unknown, because it is unreleased and not yet in the game.
Base Stats and Growth
For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Yi Ling, see the relevant Wikipedia article.
- It has been shortly called Yi Qi until the Creatures vote winner in Community Crunch 372, then Yi Ling since its concept in Community Crunch 373.
- This is because according to the developers, "the final result was too far removed from the actual Yi Qi."
- The name change is not in fact surprising, as all creatures in ARK feature species name that differ from the real-world counterpart. Example: Tyrannosaurus dominium instead of the real-world Tyrannosaurus rex.
- A another case could be the fact the Yi qi's appearance in the original fan submission did not appear to resemble the real-world Yi qi to the developers perspectives.
- Its dossier has been introduced in August 19, 2023, in the Community Crunch 375.
- https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/community-crunch-372-community-creature-winner-evo-event-and-more-r2138/ Community Crunch 372
- Video showing a screenshot of Dollie's message on the ARK Discord server responding to a question about the name change: "because the final result was too far removed from the actual Yi Qi"