May 24, 2018
cheat summon Galli_Character_BP_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Gallimimus/Galli_Character_BP.Galli_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Gallimimus (Race)
cheat summon Galli_Character_BP_Race_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/MissionVariants/Race/Galli_Character_BP_Race.Galli_Character_BP_Race'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Gallimimus (Gauntlet2)
cheat summon Galli_Character_BP_STA_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis2/Missions/ModularMission/Gauntlet2/STA/Dinos/Galli_Character_BP_STA.Galli_Character_BP_STA'" 500 0 0 35
When someone asks me what the fastest creatures on the island are, Gallimimus is always a contender. Unlike the Island's many armored animals, Gallimimus eschews strong defenses for the ability to outrun pretty much anything. A skittish herbivore, Gallimimus even looks nervous when eating in a peaceful, clear meadow. Having no real way to harm predators, it simply runs away and uses its agility to stay safe. I've even seen wild Gallimimus outrun speed-trained Utahraptors!
There are two general camps on the use of tamed Gallimimus. One camp thinks that their inability to effectively harm hostile creatures, and their inability to harvest most resources, makes them primarily a burden to the tribe. The other camp thinks that their extreme speed and ability to jump long distances, is among the best for scouting and exploring. However, both camps agree that its ability to quickly transport multiple tribe members is uniquely beneficial.
Gallimimus is a very skittish, shy species. Constantly on alert for carnivores, it never walks slowly, preferring to move around at a moderate trotting speed. When injured, it will run extremely fast away from its attacker, but is slowed down in water.
Gallimimus is a large herbivore resembling something akin to a reptilian ostrich. Like an ostrich, it has a long neck and a beak for eating foods like grasses and Berries. It has a slim build with a long tail to act as counterbalance when sprinting from predators like Carnotaurus and Raptors.
Color Scheme and Regions
This information can be used to alter the Gallimimus's regions by entering
cheat SetTargetDinoColor <ColorRegion> <ColorID> in the cheat console. For instance,
cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6 would color the Gallimimus's "body" magenta.
Base Stats and Growth
|Attribute||Base Value||Level Increase||Taming Bonus|
- For a comparison of the stats of all creatures, see Base Creature Statistics.
- For an explanation of exactly how the levelup calculation works, see Creature Stats Calculation.
- 1These are the base speeds of the tamed creature at 100% Movement Speed, i.e. without a possible taming bonus.
- 2These are the speeds of the creature once tamed including a possible taming bonus and no imprinting bonus.
- For a comparison of the speeds of all creatures, see Base Creature Speeds.
Wild Stats Level-up
Type in values of a wild creature to see on which stats it's emphasized. Green values on a high-level creature are very good for breeding. If you have already tamed your creature you can try to recover the breeding stats with an external tool.
The stat-calculator does not work in the mobile-view, see here for alternatives: Apps
Note that after the creature is tamed it gets bonuses on some stats depending on the taming effectiveness. This makes it hard to retrieve the levels on a tamed creature, so this tool is only for wild ones, but gives a first impression, how well the stats are distributed.
The Gallimimus Saddle has 1 rider and 2 passenger seats.
|KO: × 42; × 18; × 5; × 3; × 2; × 1|
|Torpidity-depletion: 4.18 / s, Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:01:40|
|KO: × 116; × 47; × 13; × 8; × 6; × 3|
|Torpidity-depletion: 6.94 / s, Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:02:45|
|KO: × 191; × 78; × 22; × 13; × 9; × 5|
|Torpidity-depletion: 9.05 / s, Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:03:30|
|KO: × 267; × 109; × 30; × 17; × 13; × 7|
|Torpidity-depletion: 10.95 / s, Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:04:03|
|KO: × 342; × 140; × 38; × 22; × 16; × 8|
|Torpidity-depletion: 12.73 / s, Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:04:28|
|KO: × 418; × 171; × 47; × 27; × 19; × 10|
|Torpidity-depletion: 14.41 / s, Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:04:49|
Note that the values are for optimal cases, always bring extra supplies!
For a level-dependent count of resources needed, try an external taming calculator.
Gallimimus has low health compared to its torpor, a crossbow with tranq arrows can kill them, even if you give 5 seconds between shots.
When trying to tame a Gallimimus, be sure to utilize a Bear Trap because of their high speeds. Once caught, the Gallimimus is quite easy to knock out because of its relatively low Torpidity, be sure to use a Longneck Rifle though because a Bow or Crossbow will easily kill it due to its low base Health. This strategy does require some luck and waiting, as the trap will take a while to arm itself. Alternatively, you can create a pen to chase the Gallimimus into and tame it in there.
Alternatively, you can use a tamed Araneo to shoot a web at the Gallimimus to slow it down significantly. Shooting the web at it will cause it to panic, but given the extremely slow speed it will be running at after getting webbed, and the fact that you can use weapons while riding the spider, you can have a pretty easy time shooting it with tranquilizer darts or arrows before it manages to free itself. Make sure your tames, including the spider, are set to Passive, as the spider's web attack still counts as an attack, and your tames might kill the Gallimimus.
The Gallimimus is, as of writing, immune to regular bolas. It will indeed get trapped by chain bolas shot from a ballista, but doing so is not recommended given the relatively high damage chain bolas manage to inflict, and the low base health of the dino. If it manages to survive the chain bola, it will likely not survive the darts or arrows you will have to dump into it to finish the job.
This section describes how to fight against the Gallimimus.
In general, the Gallimimus has a skittish behavior and tends to run away on the first shot. The Gallimimus, due to lacking of Health becomes quite annoying to tame. The Gallimimus becomes an efficient Dinosaur after taming due to its high speed.
Aiming for the head will kill the Gallimimus almost always, no matter the level. When hit, it will run off at extreme speed. Try to trap the Gally in rocks or on a cliff if it doesn't go down first time.
Rifle works best but can still kill the dinosaur in one hit.
It's not dangerous, but if it doesn't go down on the first shot you're not likely to get another chance.
It has high movement speed but a lack of Health, therefore it is easy to take down.
- Scout: One of, if not the fastest land creatures players have access to, the Gallimimus can easily cover ground to search around the island and avoid danger. The ability to have additional riders acting as spotters/gunners allows for surprising flexibility as well (Level up Movement Speed, Stamina, and some Health).
- Travel/People Carrier: With the ability to carry two passengers alongside the rider the Gallimimus can quickly move people between bases and areas discretely when compared to other mounts such as a Quetzal, which sticks out like a sore thumb when transporting people (Level up Stamina and Weight).
- Skirmisher: Speed and the ability to have two gunners firing all around the Gallimimus allows players to quickly enter an area and attack enemies before retreating without needing to dismount, letting you harass targets easily and quickly (Level up Health, Movement Speed, and Stamina).
- Hunting: As of V253, the primary rider has the ability to use weapons while riding, meaning Gallimimus may now be used as a solo hunting mount despite the weakness of its own attack. Its low weight capacity means that the weapons, gear and taming supplies that can be brought along are limited, but provided it is not overloaded or ridden into water, Gallimimus provides the ability to snipe targets from a distance and then retreat before almost anything can close the distance.
- Escape Vehicle: Gallimimus can be used as escape vehicles for egg stealing in combination with Flyers. Switching mounts can make for a quick escape at the cost of the flyer being killed. (Level Movement Speed)
For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Gallimimus, see the relevant Wikipedia article.
- Gallimimus was first revealed by Jat on 6/15/2015
- The dossier for this creature was revealed by Jat on 7/22/2015
- In reality, Gallimimus was most likely an omnivore.
- Gallimimus is a member of Ornithomimosauria, a clade closely related to raptors and modern birds, it is also one of the largest of their kind.
- The Gallimimus saddle is unlocked at a fairly early level. However there are a few things you must consider when thinking of taming one. The amount of metal needed may be difficult to obtain so early for some players, as well as the fact that they can only be knocked out with Tranquilizer Darts, which are unlocked at level 62. Also, they can no longer be immobilized by a bola, and they can move and change direction faster than the time it takes to fire a shot, so it's extremely difficult and wasteful of darts attempt to knock them out without trapping them first (they can be aggro'd and lured by eating a Rare Flower near them - just watch out nothing else is in range!). Lastly, their spawn regions often coincide with some of the most dangerous predators on the island. So be prepared.
- The Gallimimus' torpor goes down at an alarming rate, having plenty of narcotics with you is a good idea.
- Like any animal, the Gallimimus' speed is always at a base of 100% regardless of level. That said, if all level up points are put into movement speed, the creature easily becomes "too fast for ARK", and will go flying high into the air with the slightest amount of terrain difference (such as a fallen log) when running.
- If you are having difficulty finding any Gallimimus in areas they should appear normally, particularly on a private server, check near (50,50) as this is a place where "glitched" dinos and lost items tend to end up.
- The skull seen in its dossier actually belongs to its relative Struthiomimus.
- The dossier states that the Gallimimus is able to outrun speed-trained raptors, however the dossier shows a Gallimimus being chased by a Rex. It is unknown why this choice was made. -However it might be a reference to Jurassic park in which a Gallimimus herd is attacked by a Tyrannosaurus Rex
- The Gallimimus in the game are portrayed with teeth, which the real animal never had.
- While most dinosaurs have a saddle in their notes to show that they can be ridden Gallimimus doesn't have a saddle in it's notes.
- Many dinosaurs have a collar show in their notes to let people know they can be tamed there is no collar shown in Gallimimus notes.
- Real Gallimimus were a social dinosaur that lived in herds, Ark's Gallimimus can be found with another one of it's species but it is mostly seen alone.
- Prior to version 303.1 it was possible to bola the Gallimimus or grab it with a Quetzal or Wyvern what made taming a lot easier.
- Chain Bola replaced the functionality of bola on Gallimimus.
- It's still possible to transport Gallimimus via air using a Cryopod. However, letting it run their own way to your base is presumably faster than any other transportation method.
- Although it is unknown Gallimimus could have been a dinosaur that lived in the ARK world known as Aberration. The Gallimimus most likely couldn't survive the radiation that changed the environment after the ARK was damaged.
|233.0||Gallimimus is added to the game|
|235.6||Fixed a passenger unboarding issue with Gallimimus Saddle|
|242.0||Gallimimus now has an option to enable public seating just like the Diplodocus|
|252.7||Herbivores buffed to have a 55% explosion resistance and a 65% fire resistance|
|252.8||Herbivore explosion resistance reduced from 55% to 40%|
|259.0||Fixed Dino Santa Hat Skin on Gallimimus|
|303.1||Modified the drag weight of Gallimimus so that is can no longer be picked up or carried by any creature except the Tusoteuthis, and can no longer be trapped by a Bola|