This article is a stub. You can help the ARK Wiki by .
Water is a measure of how hydrated you are. Your water levels naturally decrease over time, but actions that consume Stamina will also drain your water. If you are Hot or sprint, you will become thirsty faster. Eating Stimberries or Auric Mushroom will also cause a rapid decline in water levels. If your Water reaches 0.0, you will become Dehydrated, draining your Health at approximately 1 hp per 5 seconds, and gradually increasing Torpidity. You can refill your Water by drinking from a body of water or a Tap, submerging yourself, using a Waterskin, Canteen, Water Jar, Tek Canteen, Custom Drinks, by standing in water or the rain.
Putting a point into Water will increase your maximum Water by 10. This allows you to hold more water, meaning that it will take longer to degrade down to 0, although most players would consider this a waste of a point.
- Eating any Berries other than Stimberry and Narcoberry will provide a small amount of water (0.2 units).
- Eating Calien Soup or Cactus Broth will significantly reduce the rate at which your water level decreases.
- You can also spawn in water with the command
GFI container 1 0 0if you have access to commands. Useful for getting water on the Scorched Earth DLC, as there is not much water around.
- Rain instantly fills your water and prevents it from decreasing.
- You can drink water from Ocean, Swamp, and in Snow Cave, as long as there is a water source, drinking them will never be harmful. You can even refill your water gauge by swimming in some lava and elemental river(although you are more than likely to die if do so). However, do not imitate these in real-life.