cheat summon Deathworm_Character_BP_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/ScorchedEarth/Dinos/Deathworm/Deathworm_Character_BP.Deathworm_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Deathworm (Minion)
cheat summon Deathworm_Character_Minion_BP_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/ScorchedEarth/Dinos/Manticore/Minions/Deathworm_Character_Minion_BP.Deathworm_Character_Minion_BP'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Deathworm (Gauntlet)
cheat summon Deathworm_Character_BP_Gauntlet_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/MissionVariants/Gauntlet/Lunar/Deathworm_Character_BP_Gauntlet.Deathworm_Character_BP_Gauntlet'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Deathworm (Gauntlet2)
cheat summon Deathworm_Character_BP_STA_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis2/Missions/ModularMission/Gauntlet2/STA/Dinos/Deathworm_Character_BP_STA.Deathworm_Character_BP_STA'" 500 0 0 35
巨大なKhorkoi arrakisは現地の人々からは一般的に「デスワーム(死のミミズ)」と呼ばれていますが、本当にミミズなのかどうかは怪しいところです。水棲動物であるオニイソメなど一部の条虫類といくつかの類似点はありますが、その生態は環形動物類とは異なっているようです。 しかし、名前の「デス」という部分はこれ以上ないほど的を射ています。デスワームは間違いなくこの砂漠における最上位の捕食者です。無謀にもエンドレスデューンズに足を踏み入れた者は、その大きさや獰猛さに関わらず必ず貪り食われることになります。 デスワームはほとんどの時間を砂漠の地中で過ごし、一噛みで獲物を貪るときだけ地上に飛び出します。デスワームを切り抜けるには、最初の一突きを避けられるかどうかにかかっています。その直後に一瞬だけ動きが止まるからです。理論上は、その間に縄張りから逃げ出す隙ができます。まあおそらく無理でしょうが。
Being a territorial creature, the Deathworm will attack any player who wanders too close to it. When mobile, the Deathworm will move just under the sand, appearing as a small, oscillating sand heap. A provoked, mobile Deathworm will chase players until out of range, and can be quite tenacious in their pursuit.
Once within range, the Deathworm will emerge from the ground to engage in melee combat. It will simply chain melee lunges and will only move while emerged to readjust its attack direction. If the prey attempts to escape, the Deathworm will simply return below the surface to re-enter its mobile phase and pursue the victim until the victim gets far out of range or is killed.
An ice-themed version of the Deathworm, found on Ragnarok inside the Frozen Dungeon. It has a light blue color scheme with white appendages and grey claws.
This variant is also much less powerful, with only 1700 health rather than 20000
The ocean of sand surrounding the Scorched Earth is patrolled by the appropriately named Deathworm, a burrowing predatory invertebrate of titanic proportions. Resembling a gigantic worm (or perhaps a leech) with slicing mouthparts and clattering vestigial legs, these blind, nightmarish creatures have excellent hearing and will attack almost anything they detect moving across the dunes, bursting up from below to seize their prey. Due to their extremely territorial nature, very little else is known about Deathworm behavior.
Deathworm habitats are located all over the map among the large sand dunes.
The best strategy is to team up with another survivor, and take turns to distract - and attack.
Using a Wyvern and a Rex, the Rex can draw the Deathworm out and while the Rex is attacking, the Wyvern can land and attack. If the Deathworm dives or begins to target the Wyvern, the Wyvern can fly away until the Deathworm is focused on the Rex again.
The Megatherium's bug-killing abilities are also worth noting as being effective on Deathworms.
If imported, a fully imprinted Giga with its owner on its back will always outpower a Deathworm.
Thylacoleos are useful for their Bleed Effect and Agility albeit have rather low health compared to a Deathworm's Damage
A rideable creature is very good to have, as going on foot could risk your life. A high level Rex can fight one Deathworm safely. Wyverns are also good for taking care of a Deathworm due to their high DPS, especially Lightning Wyverns. Just be careful, as Wyverns have a relatively low base health and no armor from a saddle, making them easier for the Deathworm to kill.
Deathworms could attack at any time. If you are traveling in the sand dunes along the outskirts of the map, you can sometimes see a sandheap moving around. If you're not on the hunt for Deathworms, you should watch out. Alpha Deathworms are even bigger and stronger than the normal Deathworms. If you are using a large creature to take down a Deathworm, like a Rex or Rock Elemental, they may get stuck on each other, which will prevent your tame from escaping.
The Rock Elemental is resistant to all forms of damage except for armor piercing bullets and explosives. Along with its great offensive capabilities, it offers the best protection against a Deathworm. However, it is rather difficult to tame a Rock Elemental. It is recommended to either have 2 high level Elementals or 1-2 High Level Rex(es). Rexes seem to be the best way as they do more DPS than Rock Elementals.
They only spawn at level 1, meaning they always have the same stats, including health and melee damage, hence a fight with them can be well calculated.
Deathworms cannot attack while burrowed allowing for a brief opportunity to apply Bleed with a Thylacoleo without risking damage
- Resources: The Deathworms can not be tamed but they do provide bountiful resources like Keratin, Deathworm Horns, AnglerGel, the rare Black Pearls, Leech Blood and Organic Polymer.
- Suprise Attack:
- Despite The Deathworms having mouths in the Scorched Earth Cover Art it never shows its mouth in game even when attacking or as a trophy mount/taxidermy.
- In the Dossier for the Deathworm Helena states that due to a lack of prey, it would be impossible for Deathworms to exist. However, there is the possibility that they are a cannibalistic species and hunt one another when food is scarce, which would explain their biology and why they are untamable as they would be too ferocious to be controlled.
- While this would seem like a far stretch, there are in fact animals in real life that display such behaviour and cannibalize one another when food is scarce (for example some species of Sharks such as the Hammerhead Shark).
- Deathworms strangely resembles the Aphrodite Eunice (colloquially known as the Bobbit (t) worm)
- This creature has striking similarities to an insect called antlion which employs a hunting strategy of creating pitfall traps within the sand to catch insects.
- There is a small section of the dossier where this creature is referred to as "Lineus" ([Wikipedia:Lineus a genus of nemertine worms]), despite being referred to as "Khorkoi arrakis" in the rest of the dossier.
- By using Orbit camera mode, one can look underneath the ground and locate Deathworms in the area more easily
- Besides their horns, Deathworms are the only source of Leech Blood and AnglerGel in Scorched Earth aside from fishing.
- The generic name "Khorkhoi" refers to an "Olgoi-Khorkhoi", better known as the [Wikipedia:Mongolian Death Worm Mongolian Death Worm], a cryptozoological creature that terrorizes the Gobi Desert and probably inspired ARK's Deathworm.
- Unlike its mythological counterpart however it can't use electricity attacks or spew acid at its prey.
- The term "Arrakis" in the creature's species name might refer to the planet Arrakis, a fictional desert planet pivotal to the events of the well known science fiction series Dune by Frank Herbert. It's worth mentioning that the planet Arrakis is inhabited by massive, carnivorous, burrowing sandworms that bear many similarities to the Deathworm.
- It's possible to get stuck by the Deathworm as it surfaces to attack, especially when on a larger mount such as a Wyvern. You will be locked in place and unable to escape. Use extreme caution when traveling or even landing on the Outer Sands.
- A Deathworm can destroy an adobe house in a matter of seconds. Caution is advised if you want to live in the desert surrounding the map.
- It originally will shift its attention towards nearby tamed Wyvern, but both Rock Drake and Reaper, both tamed from birth, are also mainly targeted by Deathworms due to the similar method as that of Wyverns.
- Prior to v287.110, Corrupted Deathworms existed on Extinction, it is however unknown as to why they were removed.
- Do not summon a tamed Deathworm, because after a few minutes, when fighting, will just be stuck in one spot, and unrelentingly attack one spot, so they don't do much.
- Finding Death Worms can be hard but you can use your orbit cam/selfie cam to look under the mesh as you go over the terrain. Using a Pteranodon and a Giganotosaurus you can easily clear 5-10 horns and hour rotating between the spawn points. There are two spawn points right next to each other on Scorched Earth at approximately 55-90 on the ridge.
- Deathworms are easily one of the largest creatures in the game with one being around as long as a Titanosaur.
- As of (2020-03-17) Alpha Deathworms do not grant exp to your chibi pets.
- Although the Death Worm's mythological counterpart Mongolian Death Worm is a land animal that lives in the desert, the Death Worm's other counterpart the real world Bobbit Worm is an aquatic animal that lives in the ocean.
- Unlike the Mongolian Death Worm that never existed the Bobbit Worm is a animal that is currently still exists to this day.
- Corrupted Deathworms can still be spawned with a console commands on Extinction (
Based on research conducted by Helena, the Deathworm acts as a natural barrier to keep animals and humans inside the world which she knew to be a space station posing as a real ecosystem. The Island doesn't have this problem due to it being surrounded by water, which the "Scorched Earth" world lacks. Additionally, the huge population of large predators living in a wasteland devoid of prey confirmed her previous knowledge that her environments were artificial.
|246.0 Scorched Earth Expansion Release||Deathworm is added to the game|
|246.3||Lesser Antidote can now be alternatively crafted with Deathworm Horns instead of Leech Blood or Woolly Rhino Horn|
|250.0||Added Alpha Deathworm Trophy|
|258.8 Ragnarok Expansion Release||Added the Iceworm Male and Iceworm Queen|
|285.104 Extinction Expansion Release||Added the Corrupted Deathworm|
|287.110||Removed the Corrupted Deathworm|