|The Scorpion uses both the "Pulmonoscorpius" and "Pulminoscorpius" spellings in-game, depending on where you look. For the sake of consistency, this wiki uses the Pulmonoscorpius spelling, as this is the way it is spelled in the dossier and the spelling of the real-world counterpart.|
cheat summon Scorpion_Character_BP_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Scorpion/Scorpion_Character_BP.Scorpion_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Aberrant Pulmonoscorpius
cheat summon Scorpion_Character_BP_Aberrant_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Scorpion/Scorpion_Character_BP_Aberrant.Scorpion_Character_BP_Aberrant'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Pulmonoscorpius (Escort)
cheat summon Scorpion_Character_BP_Escort_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/MissionVariants/Escort/Volcanic/Scorpion_Character_BP_Escort.Scorpion_Character_BP_Escort'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Pulmonoscorpius (Gauntlet)
cheat summon Scorpion_Character_BP_Gauntlet_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/MissionVariants/Gauntlet/Volcanic/Scorpion_Character_BP_Gauntlet.Scorpion_Character_BP_Gauntlet'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Pulmonoscorpius (Hunt)
cheat summon Scorpion_Character_BP_Hunt_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/MissionVariants/Hunt/Volcanic/Scorpion_Character_BP_Hunt.Scorpion_Character_BP_Hunt'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Pulmonoscorpius (Retrieve)
cheat summon Scorpion_Character_BP_Retrieve_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis/Dinos/MissionVariants/Retrieve/Volcanic/Scorpion_Character_BP_Retrieve.Scorpion_Character_BP_Retrieve'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Pulmonoscorpius (Gauntlet2)
cheat summon Scorpion_Character_BP_STA_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis2/Missions/ModularMission/Gauntlet2/STA/Dinos/Scorpion_Character_BP_STA.Scorpion_Character_BP_STA'" 500 0 0 35
Variant VR Pulmonoscorpius (Mashup)
cheat summon Scorpion_Character_BP_ExpG_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis2/Missions/ModularMission/Mashup/ExperimentG/DinosAndStructures/Scorpion_Character_BP_ExpG.Scorpion_Character_BP_ExpG'" 500 0 0 35
Variant VR Pulmonoscorpius (Maze)
cheat summon Scorpion_Character_BP_ExpG_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis2/Missions/ModularMission/Maze/CorruptedZone/Dinos/Scorpion_Character_BP_CorrMaze.Scorpion_Character_BP_CorrMaze'" 500 0 0 35
プルモノスコルピウス（Pul-mon-oh-skor-pee-us）、または単にScorpionは、ARK: Survival Evolvedの生物の一種です。
Pulmonoscorpius will approach anything out of curiosity, but it doesn't like to be touched... This combination causes dinos (wild and tamed) and players that bump into it to cause it to attack virtually everything at any time. Large hitbox(es) doesn't help the easily aggravated nature. An openly hostile or a touched bug will have its claws raised when in melee range. A single scorpion can be ignored, or waited off. Two scorpions will most likely have the second one attack due to getting too close. A group will target the same spot on a given thing, causing extras to home into the now blocked off spot and touching the rest of the dino/player in question, proc'ing agro of any and all scorpions.
Pulmonoscorpius is an enormous land scorpion that haunts the island's warmer interior. It has a glossy chitinous exoskeleton and, uniquely, a pair of venom sacs stored within its pincers; between these and the one that makes up its fearsome stinger, the creature can inject other animals with a potent paralytic neurotoxin. It feeds only on decomposed meat, preferably that which its venom has rendered from its tranquilized victims. Unlike that of most other creatures, its blood is green. It lurks in caves around the island, as well as the rocky terrain around the bottom of mountains, though the latter is much less common.
cheat SetTargetDinoColor <ColorRegion> <ColorID>と入力することにより、プルモノスコルピウスの領域を変更できます。たとえば、
cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6はプルモノスコルピウスの"plate edges"がmagenta色になります。
Pulmonoscorpius is surprisingly easy to tame for a scary looking animal. If you wish to tame an army of scorpions it wouldn't be unlikely. They can be easily restrained with a bola. All you have to do is trap them and punch them unconscious from behind, then feed spoiled meat which will tame them quickly. Since they live in dangerous territory, have a mount with you to guard the tame target.
Narcotics and Spoiled Meat will tame it most effectively, although Narcoberries and Raw Meat also work. Note that you cannot tame it with prime meat. When tamed, they can eat both raw meat and spoiled meat, preferring spoiled.
|気絶するまで: × 15, × 7, × 2, × 1, × 1, × 1|
|気絶値の減少値: 0.3 / 秒, 気絶状態から回復する時間: 00:08:20|
|気絶するまで: × 42, × 17, × 5, × 3, × 2, × 1|
|気絶値の減少値: 0.5 / 秒, 気絶状態から回復する時間: 00:13:44|
|気絶するまで: × 69, × 28, × 8, × 5, × 4, × 2|
|気絶値の減少値: 0.66 / 秒, 気絶状態から回復する時間: 00:17:27|
|気絶するまで: × 96, × 39, × 11, × 7, × 5, × 3|
|気絶値の減少値: 0.79 / 秒, 気絶状態から回復する時間: 00:20:08|
|気絶するまで: × 123, × 50, × 14, × 8, × 6, × 3|
|気絶値の減少値: 0.92 / 秒, 気絶状態から回復する時間: 00:22:15|
|KO: × 15; × 7; × 2; × 1; × 1; × 1; × 1; × 1|
|Torpidity-depletion: 0.3 / s, Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:08:20|
|KO: × 42; × 17; × 5; × 3; × 3; × 2; × 2; × 1|
|Torpidity-depletion: 0.5 / s, Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:13:44|
|KO: × 82; × 34; × 10; × 6; × 5; × 4; × 4; × 2|
|Torpidity-depletion: 0.72 / s, Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:18:53|
|KO: × 150; × 61; × 17; × 10; × 9; × 7; × 7; × 4|
|Torpidity-depletion: 1.04 / s, Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:24:00|
|KO: × 285; × 116; × 32; × 19; × 16; × 12; × 13; × 7|
|Torpidity-depletion: 1.59 / s, Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:29:53|
|KO: × 420; × 172; × 47; × 27; × 24; × 18; × 19; × 10|
|Torpidity-depletion: 2.08 / s, Time until all torpidity is depleted: 00:33:37|
キブル(通常)の材料: 1 × 干し肉、1 × 中型の卵、5 × 繊維、2 × トウモロコシ、2 × ジャガイモ、1 × 水
This section describes how to fight against the Pulmonoscorpius.
Avoid melee-combat as much as possible; their powerful sting can render a player unconscious (and then dead) very fast. They are easily capable of immobilizing multiple tribe members if not prepared. Their attack deals both torpor and a smaller amount of physical damage.
Stay away from their sting and pincers. Due to the slow sprinting speed of a wild Scorpion, it is possible for even a low level player to kill a Scorpion by walking backwards and repeatedly stabbing it in the face with a Spear or Pike. You can also lead them to the water, as they will drown. Do note, however, that they will resurface to the beach, so you may have to lead it back to the ocean by getting on land and leading it to deep water(Doesn't work in Ragnarok or Crystal Isles, so think twice before going into a lake unless you have a lot of oxygen).
Ranged weapons or a strong mount with high torpor is recommended to avoid getting knocked unconscious. A bola is recommended to help in your aid as it can tangle it, giving you the perfect opportunity to kill it, just watch for other Pulmonoscorpius.
Their attack increases torpor, so it's best to avoid melee combat. Also, don't think you can flee from them by luring them to other creatures; it usually fail. It will act curiously and will start to go towards you. If more are coming, then consider this a sign of danger, as if you try to take them all on at once, you will succumb into their torpor strikes and they will kill you immediately.
Their HP is not very high, so attacked with the right equipment / creature, they're easy to knock out or kill. Additionally. the sprinting speed of a wild Scorpion is slower than that of an unburdened player's walking speed with no increases in the Movement Speed stat. Note that when tamed, they are almost as fast as a player's sprinting speed without any increases.
- Knock-Out: They are very useful when you want to tame a mid-game dino, as their torpor-like poison can knock them out in a few hits, giving you the advantage to overcome them, or to run away if you are low in health. (Level up Melee Damage and Health)
- It is rather easy to attack excessively and deal more damage rather then Torpor. it is more suited towards carnivores as they can be corpse-fed and healed nearly instantly note that any fleeing carnivores will refuse to eat corpses. Attack 2 times every 20 seconds.
- If a Scorpion touches a player in pvp, it can stop them from moving for a few seconds. If the player kept moving forward, then you can easily bola them or knock them out. This ability is very useful in early game Aberration PVP.
- The scorpion's stinger attack increases enemy's torpor in good amounts. The scorpion is the cheapest tame to inflict torpor, especially in Aberration.
- The scorpion's agility, small size and calmness make it covert and hidden from other players.
- Guard Dog: Easy to feed, and dangerous to even armored raiders, the scorpion is especially effective if used to surprise opponents in tight corridors. (Level up Melee Damage and Health)
- Hostage/Prisoner Taker: Knock-out other humans and take them hostage, kill them, or just leave them for the dinos. (Level up Damage and Health)
- Early Game Hunter: The Pulmonoscorpius are also useful in hunting, as their torpor-inflicting attacks can knock out creatures and leave them vulnerable however later on they can be easily replaced by Direwolves for meat and Sabertooths for Hide and Chitin (Level up Melee Damage, Health and Weight)
- Transport: Scorpions are good Early Mountain Climbers for traversing rough terrain
- Cave mount:
- Swarmers: Scorpions are easy to amass due to their common taming food with their torpor dealing attack and fast reproduction rate they can swarm any small creature however they are vulnerable to attackers with significant knockback such as Ankylosaurus and Direwolves (Level up Health and Melee Damage)
It should be noted that tamed Pulmonoscorpius prefer Spoiled Meat over Raw Meat. Spoiled Meat refills 50 units of food, while Raw Meat only refills 10. Therefore, if players want to save stacks of Raw Meat, they should not put them in the inventory of a hungry scorpion, as it will eat all of it very quickly. To easily get spoiled meat for your scorpion, split your stack of Raw Meat into multiple stacks of one. This will make them spoil all at the same time.
The torpor gained from a sting is equal to 3x the damage dealt.
A level 1 Scorpion will have 100% melee damage, dealing 15 damage and therefore 45 torpor.
At 200% melee damage, it will deal 30 damage and 90 torpor.
Getting your specific scorpion's torpor and damage applied per sting is as simple as multiplying your melee damage % number by 0.45 for torpor and 0.15 for damage.
The poison from one sting is applied over a duration of 10 seconds, so stinging in rapid succession will not knock out the target faster.
The poison buffs do stack two times. After the first stack has been consumed you can apply a new one, to keep stacks at two (not on PC). You need to refresh the sting every 10 seconds to deal the least amount of damage and maximum torpor.
A mate boosted scorpion will have these numbers increased by 33%.
- A Scorpion that has 367.9% melee will deal 367.9 x 0.45 = 165.6 torpor over 10 seconds and 367.9 x 0.15 = 55.2 damage instantly.
- For some reason, it isn't affected by Bug Repellant. It will still approach a human or tame curiously, and won't attack unless touched, but due to the fact of how close it gets, it's pretty much guaranteed to attack you if you let it.
- Pulmonoscorpius is probably one of the best terrestrial creature to climb mountains and pass through forests as far as smooth travel, as it can easily walk up rocks and steep ledges.
- The scorpion's venom can even knock a Rex unconscious, but it will take time, and the scorpion's Health must be upgraded to survive the ordeal.
- They might be the same species as Brontoscorpio (in real life), which was present in the Silurian, while Pulmonoscorpius is only found in the Carboniferous.
- Pulmonoscorpius' Melee % directly affects their ability to knock out an opponent.
- Kibble made with the Pulmonoscorpius Egg was used to tame Rex, and scorpions were very popular to be tamed for egg farms. This stopped being applicable once the Homestead update came, which greatly simplified the kibble system to 6 categories instead of dozens of different kibbles.
- It is possible for a player to get stuck on the claws of the Pulmonoscorpius and it is very difficult to escape unless either of you are damaged, knocked bakced by something, picked up, or if the scorpion is put in a Cryopod.
- The fact that Scorpions lay eggs in the game is scientifically incorrect, as modern scorpions in real life do not lay eggs and instead give birth to live young. The very fact that scorpions are viviparous is highly unusally for an arachnid.
- The name Pulmonoscorpius Gigantus roughly translates to "Giant Breathing Scorpion"
- If a smaller creature (Dodo, Compy, small raptor etc.) is located behind a tamed scorpion's pincers it will be locked in place and unable to move, despite its best efforts. This is a useful and efficient way to tame fast fleeing dinosaurs such as the Oviraptor and is very accessible as scorpions are an easy low level tame only requiring spoiled meat and narcotics to tame. This strategy can be helpful for increasing egg laying for early level Survivors' tames.
- Real world Pulmonoscorpius would hunt for their food or wait to catch their food like real Scorpions, while still capable of hunting and waiting for it's food Ark's Pulmonoscorpius has adapted to eating spoiled rotting meat and flesh.
- Despite being scorpions they don't use their claws to grab prey.
- Interestingly enough, in Ark Mobile, a Scorpion, whether tamed or wild, will usually be ignored by almost all other dinos. This also applies if a survivor is riding the scorpion. Attacking with the invertebrate will either not cause the target dino to aggro, or they do aggro and attack the scorpion for a couple of seconds before resetting and become neutral. The scorpion can keep attacking and inflicting torpor in the meantime. However, this “invisibility cloak” breaks if the survivor tries to use the weapon while on the scorpion, or gets off of the scorpion. Also, it’s not recommended to try this on Raptors, Kaprosuchus and Baryonyx, as they have a chance to pin/grab/knock out and stun the survivor, resulting in a tragedy.
- Real Pulmonoscorpius were 1-2 feet long at the most. They lived in carbon forests and coexisted with animals like Arthropleura and Meganeura. The Pulmonoscorpius in ARK is similar in appearance to the Brontoscorpio depicted in the TV show Primeval: New World , growing as tall as a man. In fact, real Brontoscorpio were 3 feet long at the most, neither genus is as large as the scorpion depicted in the game.
|187.0||After being tamed, Pulmonoscorpius now prefers Spoiled Meat over Raw Meat|
|188.0||Tamed Pulmonoscorpius and other creatures should no longer drown when swimming at the surface of water|
|190.0||Fixed creatures such as Pulmonoscorpius getting stuck on the server when swimming and attacking|
|220.0||Fixed dismounting position to avoid players getting stuck on the Pulmonoscorpius|
|265.0||Corrected spelling of "Pulmonoscorpius" in-game (was Pulminoscorpius)|
|275.0 Aberration Expansion Release||Added Aberrant Pulmonoscorpius|
- Possible typos