Variant Tek Stryder (Gauntlet2)
Variant Malfunctioned Tek Stryder (Life Support)
cheat summon TekStrider_Character_BP_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis2/Dinos/TekStrider/TekStrider_Character_BP.TekStrider_Character_BP'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Tek Stryder (Gauntlet2)
cheat summon TekStrider_Character_BP_STA_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis2/Missions/ModularMission/Gauntlet2/STA/Dinos/TekStrider_Character_BP_STA.TekStrider_Character_BP_STA'" 500 0 0 35
Variant Malfunctioned Tek Stryder (Life Support)
cheat summon TekStrider_Character_BP_LifeSupport_C
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/Genesis2/Missions/ModularMission/LifeSupport/Dinos/TekStrider_Character_BP_LifeSupport.TekStrider_Character_BP_LifeSupport'" 500 0 0 35
|“||Crew manuals call those roaming meks 'stryders'.
I understand they were meant as robotic workhorses, for cleaning up toxins and harvesting resources.
Imagine climbing up one of those and riding it around!
The Tek Stryder features a wide array of abilities, depending on the attachments it has, very much like a Mek. Certain attachments allow it to become more efficient in harvesting, while others turn it into a combat machine. If attacked it will fight back with either a front stomp or a back kick.
Tek Stryder's appearance resembles a robotic deer, and an AT-AT from Star Wars.
Tek Stryder explodes on death and leaves no body for resources to be collected from.
The Charge Capacity stat acts as an energy meter for the Tek Stryder's attachments' abilities.
This section describes how to fight against the Tek Stryder.
It is recommended to attack from a distance as wild and unmounted Stryders only use a melee attack stomp similar to the Paraceratherium even when weapon rigs are present.
Shoot from a ledge if you do not have the creatures to take the Stryder down. It is recommended to use powerful tames such as a Spino to take them down. You can also use fast attacking and hard to hit tames such as the Maewing to dodge their attacks but still deal damage.
Weapons which can deal large amounts of damage quickly are recommended. The Pump-Action Shotgun is a good choice if you need to combat a Stryder on foot.
The Stryder has a lot of health, and is fast for its size.
The Stryder attack quite slowly and hit hard. They do not use any of the equipped rigs when wild. Fast tames such as the Maewing which can avoid their stomps are recommended. If the player has access to powerful tames which can kill the Stryder quickly without taking to much damage such as the Spino or Rex are recommended.
Tek Stryders are "tamed" non-violently, rather than through the usual methods. This method is through a unique hacking process. To be able to hack into it to tame it, you must have a variable amount of Mutagel in the 0 Hotbar, and have cleared a certain number of missions. This number increases as the Stryder's level increases. You may be prompted to access a specific part of the Stryder to initiate the process. Upon activating the hack, an alarm will go off to nearby who are close to it, denoted within its red circle marking.
While hacking, you will be prompt to do a minigame, while staying close to it. Successfully matching all the coding will increase its taming efficiency, and will repeat until it is tamed, or destroyed. Failing the minigame will reset taming progress to 0.
All Stryders start off with their inbuilt Tek Platform Saddle that is smaller than any other saddle, but comes automatically with a sleeping pod (for sleeping/spawning) and a transmitter. They can also recharge batteries within their inventory. They spawn with a variation of rigs that cannot be removed or replaced once spawned. The platform can be built on.
The Stryder can be configured to do specific actions with charge batteries, such as always/never recharging them, or always/never using them for its own functions.
The Stryder can be configured to replant foliage wherever it walks. This is useful for replenishing resources such as trees and bushes.
Although the sleeping pod on the saddle looks somewhat identical to a Tek Sleeping Pod, this will not restore vitals to the player, and simply serves as a sleep/spawn point.
The transmitter that Stryders come with can not be used to upload/download dinos, though items can be retrieved from the ARK data through it, which may be vital for storing needed equipment for raids.
The Stryder can link to a Tek Dedicated Storage and will transfer the dedicated material back to the storage. While the linking range is quite short, it seems to be able to stay linked to massive distances, allowing for long-range mining of specific materials. It can only link to one dedicated storage at a time, though a player at the storage can change the material and it will update on the Stryder as well. If you are using the Excavator Rig and have a linked Tek Dedicated Storage, the Stryder will only harvest resource nodes that have that respective resource.
The best setup for farming is obviously the farming attachment on the head, and the bags attachment on the body, this will allow the strider to farm and have reduced weight of resource because of the bags.
Every rig uses Charge to slowly restore its usage capacity, and requires either to be recharged over time (slowly), or replenished with Charge Battery.
- Excavation Rig: Harvest everything but Extinction light poles, benches, and tables, with its scattered beam. Requires charge to keep active, then additional charge to fire the excavation beam. Exact numbers are difficult to obtain due to recharge rates and irregular drain intervals. (Note: While connected to dedicated storage, the Tek Stryder will only harvest nodes that contain that particular resource.)
- Pulse Cannon Rig: Fires repeated Tek Laser blasts at the targeted direction, dealing 7 damage a hit to wild dinos (tamed dinos untested.) This damage does NOT scale with melee damage or Stryder level. Maximum usage scales with charge capacity. Uses 5 charge per shot.
- Silence Cannon Rig: Fires a sonic pulse at its direction within a radius that disables "roaring" abilities of creatures such as the Yutyrannus and Mammoth. Creatures are affected for 30 seconds, as indicated by a blue smoke over the creatures heads. After this, there is a cooldown before they can be silenced again, as indicated by a reddish smoke. Consumes 50 charge per pulse.
- Radar Rig: Detects nearby living creatures of its distance and level for 30 seconds, with the ability to temporarily track a detected creature. Doesn't require any charge, but can only be used once every 35 seconds.
- Phase Cannon Rig: Fires a concentrated Tek blast at the faced direction, dealing 300 damage to creatures at the epicenter (less further away) and destroying resource nodes. This damage does NOT increase with melee damage or Stryder level. Consumes 50 charge and has a 10 second cooldown between blasts. It can also be be fired while scoped in with the Spyglass to hit targets further away.
- Resource Attractor Rig (Saddle Bag): Passively reduces carry weight of most, if not all items and resources by 65%. By holding down E (On PC) to bring up the radial menu, there is an option to connect a player-held Mining Drill to the Stryder. Any resources obtained by the Mining Drill will go to the Stryder while in range, as indicated by purple spheres gravitating to the Stryder. When resources transfer (which is instant), a blue beam will go from the drill to the Stryder. While this effect is active, it consumes 5 charge per second, which most Stryders can maintain.
- Shield Generator Rig: Activates a shield around the Stryder with it and persists until either the durability reaches 0, charge is depleted, or it's turned off. Has a max durability of 30001 but true durability seems to vary depending on the tamed Stryder's level.
- Shield Projector Rig: Activates a shield in a specific direction of the Stryder and persists until it's either turned off or the durability reaches zero. Durability of the shield is linked to total health. Raising health will strengthen the shield. Unlike the Shield Generator Rig it does not use charge.
- Excavator (Excavation and Resource Attractor Rig) - With the Excavator equipped, the Stryder can harvest nearly everything, making it a multi-role gatherer that can quickly harvest an area of resources. Since they can link to a Tek Dedicated Storage, this allows long-range mining of specific materials. If you manage to get the Resource Attractor Rig as well, you will have a Stryder capable of gathering an enormous amount of resources before it gets weighed down.
- Tame Seeker (Radar Rig) - The Stryder's radar allows you to see what is in an area and select it in order to track it for a limited time. This can be useful for hunting down creatures you're trying to tame. The radar can be set to track players, dinos or both through a menu. Maximum range seems to be about 750 meters.
- Assault (Phase and Pulse Cannon Rig) - If you manage to get a high-level Stryder with both the pulse and phase cannons, it can be a powerful war machine, capable of using fast shots to hit fliers or large blasts of energy to hit slower targets. However its generally low damage with such weaponry that doesn't scale will make this role less
- Defender (Shield Generator or Shield Projector Rigs) - While the shield rigs have a limited durability and don't seem to be able to repaired despite having a repair cost, these can be useful on raids to shield allies, and by using the built-in Tek Transmitter, it can allow you to get more required items or store away loot that you have obtained.
- Support (Silence Cannon Rig) - If you're facing off against several opposing Mammoths or Yutyrannus, the Stryder's silence cannon rig can silence their abilities to stop them from bolstering their allies or weakening your allies, evening the playing field.
For the gathering efficiency of the Excavation Rig, see Excavation Rig
|The Tek Stryder needs the Excavation Rig to be able to gather most resources.|
All structures except for Tek Transmitters, Pipes, Auto Turret, Crop Plots with Plant Species X, Behemoth Gateway, Vault, ,Industrial Forge, and Loadout Mannequin can be built on its back including feeding troughs, storage chests and beds. However, the saddle has a limit of 30 structures on its back. Every little thing counts from foundations to electrical keypads (including structures that are built alongside the saddle like ladders).
Weight inside the inventory of storage structures on the saddle is not ignored by the Tek Stryder. Take advantage of animals that have weight reduction capabilities to greatly enhance your overall carry capacity.
- The Tek Stryder can be dyed the same way as a structure.
- The Stryder greatly resembles the AT-AT from the Star Wars film series. If it has the Pulse Cannon Rig and Phase Cannon Rig, it functions similarly to a AT-AT as well.
- The Stryder's appearance also reference's Horizon Zero Dawn in several different ways.
- It resembles the Tallneck, which has a similar giraffe-like appearance, only with a longer neck and disc-like head.
- Its taming strategy is similar to the mech-like creatures in Horizon Zero Dawn, where players have to hijack the creature to tame it.
- The Stryder originates from unused concept art planned for Extinction.
- When destroyed, it will act similar to a Mek; it will catch fire, fall to the ground, then explode. It leaves no corpse to harvest for materials.
- The Stryder is about as tall as the Brontosaurus.
- The Stryder cannot be cloned nor be put in the Cryopod. However, they can stored in the ARK data via Tek Transmitter.
- The Stryder can be occasionally carried by the TEK Hover Skiff, but this may be a bug as it does not always work.
- While it wouldn't appear to be able to swim, the Stryder is capable of swimming and is therefore able to navigate in the ever-changing space biome on Genesis Part 2. This is useful for mass-harvesting the daily resources there alongside the generally-present metal nodes. In particular, they are phenomenal gathers of element shards
- The shield modules have limited durability and although it says their repair materials are hide, stone, and raw metal, they don't seem to be able to be repaired. If you want another shield module, you will need to tame a new Stryder.
- When leveling up in charge capacity, the Stryder may be unable to use its charge-based modules despite having sufficient energy. Leaving render distance of the Stryder and re-rendering it seems to fix this issue.
- Tames cannot be transferred via the Stryder.
- The Stryder's Resource Attractor Rig gives weight reduction not only on most materials but on just about everything in the game from tools, to dyes, to even taxidermies. This makes it very useful for carrying anything at all.
- The Stryder does not have a food bar.
- You can store resources in the 'Tribute' section of the Tek Stryders built-in transmitter, and the weight of those items will be ignored. It is unclear if this is a bug or not.
- The Stryder was designed and implemented by Santiago as a way of decontaminating the soil to prevent element poisoning
- Although Santiago in Genesis lore is diffrent from Santiago in Extinction lore. This means that the Stryder is the Meks older counterpart.
|329.5||Tek Stryder is added to the game.|