The Tek Bow is a weapon introduced in Genesis: Part 2 and also available on Genesis: Part 1, Lost Island and Fjordur. It is capable of firing various Arrows, including a new Explosive Arrow. The survivor must have learnt its Engram before being able to use it.
It can be fueled by Element Shards, which is consumed at varying rates depending on the type of Arrow that is being fired. The Arrow flies faster the longer you charge it up (1 second) and at its highest speed it has the speed of a Bullet.
The type of arrow being fired can be changed by pressing on the PS4, on the Xbox One, or R on the PC version. The type of arrows able to be fired are normal/metal arrows, explosive arrows, tranq arrows, and flame arrows. Double tapping the button to swap arrow types also changes how the arrow flies. There is projectile mode, which fires like a normal projectile arrow, and then there's instant hit mode, where the arrow will instantly hit what the player is aiming at.
While in instant fire mode, it cannot damage structures, but while in projectile mode it can damage structures. However, turrets can target the projectile but not the instant fire.
|That Federation-issue tek bow makes its own projectiles and shoots 'em with an EM railgun!
I'd think that baby would put a hole through just about anything.
|~ Tek Bow Record – HLN-A
Only Element Shard are used to fuel the bow.
You don't need any arrows in your inventory as the element power will form the corresponding type of arrow you selected. Press Reload button to switch to the next type of arrow.
Different arrow types consume different amounts of the fuel and durability:
|5 × Element Shard
|10 × Element Shard
|20 × Element Shard
|80 × Element Shard
- An outdated Tek Bow model can be found in the DevKit, appearing to be cut content from Ragnarok. This is similar to how the Tek Wyvern Saddle was also cut content from Ragnarok, but is now planned to be reworked into Genesis: Part 2 with the addition of the Voidwyrm.
- The ability to cycle between ammo is shared with Tek Grenade Launcher
- The Tek Bow can be fired under water.
- Explosive arrows do full damage to Rock Elementals.
- Can only be used when you have the engram unlocked
|Tek Bow is added to the game.
|Fixed a bug where the TEK Bow was not requiring its Engram to equip
|TEK Bow 'H' (Additional Info) Key now correctly displays the shard cost per ammo type.