Wouldn't it be way more convenient to have all game.ini commands on each of the corresponding item pages? Like, for meat, the commands to spawn it and to change it's spoil timer. It would just save anyone lots of time going back and forth between pages. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) at 10:03, 10 January 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with
- Can you explain more why do you need to go back and forth between pages now? I'd say it is more convenient to have it all on one page, but I never configured the game.ini, so I might miss something. --Cadaeib (talk) 11:10, 10 January 2016 (UTC)
- Because now you read an article about a page, then you have to go to the commands page, search the right command,... and so on. If the commands were on the page already, this wouldn't be necessary. And since specific commands apply to specific items/aminals/... it would make total sence to have them as well on the pages for these specific items/animals/... linked to the commands page as well as the other way around. Well, since you never configured the game.ini you simply might not be able to relate to the issue. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) at 13:29, 11 January 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with
- Just to be clear, are you referring to the Commands- and Entity IDs-pages (to execute commands ingame in the console to spawn items or dinos) or the game.ini-page (to configure server-settings before the server is started to adjust gathering rates, taming-times etc)?
- For both tasks there are tools, that make the handling easier. To get the console commands try this consoleCommands-Tool, to create a game.ini try this online-generator or use the ARK Server Manager to setup your server. Don't forget to sign your entries.--Cadaeib (talk) 14:08, 11 January 2016 (UTC)
- I'm talking about both; and in my case single player, not multiplayer. Hence, the Server Manager doesn't apply. The online generator is very incomplete and far from up to date, similar to the command tool. But in general it shouldn't matter if IDs, console or game.ini commands (as mentioned - maybe not that clearly, I have to admit - in my first two sentences 2 days ago). All of them should be on the pages, basic commands should be added for users to copy/paste/modify on every page as wikis are mostly for those not already knowing everything or how to do everything and they should be convenient to use. (And yes, from what I saw IDs are mostly already integrated.) The simple fact that there are some tools out there which give some commands can't be a reason to not have it on the sub pages of this wiki. Otherwise one could argue that all the information here is somewhere else too which would make this whole wiki redundant as well. Anyways, as mentioned before, item/animal/... pages should contain ALL corresponding available information - which includes commands and IDs. My entries are signed with my IP.— Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) at 14:54, 12 January 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with
- The signing is done by me until now, it would be helpful if you do it yourself with just
--~~~~. The command tool should contain all items and creatures up to now (if not, let me know), the commands can also be added like you wish, I find it easier to get the commands with the tool instead of searching the wiki-pages. What commands do you suggest to put on the specific pages then, the
GiveItem(Num) and the
SpawnDino-commands?--Cadaeib (talk) 19:13, 12 January 2016 (UTC)
- Do you mean, for example, that the Procoptodon page should include
/summon Procoptodon_character_bp_c and
/spawndino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Procoptodon/Procoptodon_Character_BP.Procoptodon_Character_BP'" 1 1 1 1 - the commands relevant to that creature (and a similar format for items)?
-- Mr Pie 5 (talk) 20:33, 12 January 2016 (UTC)
- @Cadaeib I've just checked the tool for the electric prod - it's missing. Just as an example. BTT: Sure, the tool is handy and nice to use but as said before, no tool or other website can make any information on a wiki page redunant; that would negate the raison d'être of any wiki. Ok, say a new animal/item is added to the game. One can come to the wiki, read up all the information known about it and spawn one right into their single player game when the command is right there to be copied, without having to go through the wiki search, finding the commands/itemID page, then the right line and so on. Therefore @Mr Pie 5 yes, all available GiveItem, SpawnDino, whatever else... commands (since e.g. one gives only random animals/item while others can be set to what level the animal/item should have). Also the commands for the ini files to e.g. replace this new Dino with another one, the command to replace another Dino with this new one, or in case of e.g. saddles, the command for the build limit and in case of food the command for the spoil limit. All of the commands available to manipulate the game by either spawning or adjusting things should be right there, ready to use, on the pages. --188.8.131.52 08:11, 13 January 2016 (UTC)
- The spawn-commands are worked on. I don't see the advantage of the commands for the ini-files etc. If someone wants to change these settings, the best place is to look them all up on the game.ini-page etc. The problem with duplicate information is, that if one version gets outdated the information differs and people then get confused. It's better to link to one place where all the info is. That's just my opinion, though. If you feel all the info should be on these pages, feel free to add them, it's a wiki anybody can edit.--Cadaeib (talk) 16:21, 14 January 2016 (UTC)
- You're right about your considerations of outdated information. But the information about ini file commands and editing is highly clusterd all over the steam/other ARK forums and this wiki only contains the default values. There's no information on the page in regards of e.g. changing spoil timers, mating timers,... . So, in some cases (if not all) it still makes quite a lot of sense having that information on the wiki pages. Or - if the game.ini page was more useful - a link to the specific information on that. Sure, I know everyone can edit wiki pages and if I had more time at hand, I'd definitely do it - but spare time is quite sparse. Thanks for adding the spawn commands!--184.108.40.206 17:14, 15 January 2016 (UTC)
Edit request: Please, for the love of all that is holy, add an "under" to the heavy development disclaimer in the first box. It has driven me insane long enough for me to create an account to ask. --Erydu (talk) 22:57, 12 July 2015 (UTC)
- Fixed, sorry about that, Welcome and glad to have you around! --Z3ther (talk) 12:33, 13 July 2015 (UTC)
Anyone think there are some really good/important pages that editors have formatted really nice that should be on the front page? --Z3ther (talk) 20:21, 18 June 2015 (UTC)
- I would like to see the page Beacons added to the front page. --SharpShot gif (talk) 13:41, 24 June 2015 (UTC)
- Looks good, I'll add it as soon as I can make or find an icon for it. --Z3ther (talk) 12:50, 1 July 2015 (UTC)
Hey does anyone else notice that the main page doesn't fit on the screen?
- fits fine on my screen and tablet what screen resolution are you using and what zoom are you on? (Default is 100%) --SharpShot gif (talk) 18:48, 11 July 2015 (UTC)
Can we get the Dedicated server setup page added to the front page.. it's really hard to search for. Maybe at the bottom of the Ark Features of the main page, add "Host your own dedicated server."
- Added! Thanks.. --Z3ther (talk) 09:57, 18 July 2015 (UTC)
Edit request: Can you please add Leveling to Quick Game Basics?
--Tyvic (talk) 10:30, 25 June, 2016 (EST)
Shouldn't we try to add in the Giant Bee dossier into Section 3 at least? Robongio (talk) 19:00, 22 September 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks, I updated that section. --Cadaeib (talk) 19:20, 22 September 2016 (UTC)
Excellent. Oh! And by the way, maybe we should add the finished Sheep into "Recently Revealed Dino Dossiers" as well right? Robongio (talk) 20:55, 29 December 2016 (UTC)
Unable to Upload
I have uploaded my survivor to the ark unnoficial servers, it worked when i joined a friends ark. then i uploaded him again to use on my local ark. which all worked fine, now when i logged back on tonight i cannot get my original survivor. how can he work one day then not the next. i've lost all my data now and cant use my animals or house! this is very annoying. Does anyone have advice? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Jaryd44 (talk • contribs) at 7:35, August 26, 2015 (UTC). Please sign your posts with
- I never play online, so I'm not sure how the whole uploading/downloading of survivors works. When you start up your singleplayer game, there is one option in the menu called "allow content downloads" or something like that. You may need to check that box. Although you said that you had successfully re-uploaded him to your singleplayer world already, so you probably already tried that. For future reference, it's a good idea to keep multiple backups of both your survivor and your world. It's kept me from losing a lot of work on more than one occasion. --Mr Pie 5 (talk) 14:02, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
"Survival At Its Finest"!
"Survival At Its Finest", not "Survival At It's Finest". --Agamemnus1 (talk) 07:15, 29 August 2015 (UTC)
- You are correct. I'll get it fixed. --Mr Pie 5 (talk) 08:30, 29 August 2015 (UTC)
Where did engrams go?
I've taken a extended hiatus from the game(and wik), back then the engrams page was linked from the front page of the wiki, I'm curious as to why it isn't anymore? Surely it's one of the most if not the most important part of the game? Alex42000 (talk) 11:40, 9 November 2015 (UTC)
- It was replaced when Breeding was introduced. I personally never looked that page up, but I understand your point. I'll add it to the "ARK Game Features" section, so you can access with one click from the main-page. Do you think there is a page less important as Engrams in the "Quick Game Basics" section? Or that it should be extended? --Cadaeib (talk) 14:28, 9 November 2015 (UTC)
- If i was to guess at the least important page on the quick game basics section, i would say it's cooking. However all of them are important, so i guess extending it would be the best move. Possibly we could also introduce more sections, such as a resources page, cave link etc etc. --Alex42000 (talk) 09:26, 10 November 2015 (UTC)
- I also think Resources can be listed as that is what brought me to the Wiki origionally --DasGoudvis (talk) 09:45, 10 November 2015 (UTC)
Just add the Basilosaurus Dossier to "Recently Revealed Dino Dossiers" please! R.T Robongio (talk) 08:11, 29 March 2016 (UTC)
Suggestion to reorganize start page boxes
In my opinion the "Quick Game Basics" are currently much too far aside in the lower part. I thought about a better place and so I'd like to suggest the following arrangement, because I think that similar parts are more together at one place/column this way.
Left column (gameplay info)
- Welcome ...
- What is Ark ...?
- ARK Game Features
- Quick Game Basics
- Survival At Its Finest
ARK Game Features and Survival At Its Finest can maybe rewritten and united into one box.
Center column (extensions)
- The ARK Wiki Community
- DLC: The Center
- DLC: Primitive Plus added
- Survival of the Fittest
- Primal Survival and other game modes in the future
The ARK Wiki Community is maybe still displaced in the middle column, which is primarily dedicated to DLCs and Game Modes, but I think it should still have this / a top place anyway.
Right column (news and other recent information)
- Official Tweets
- Current Patch Notes
- Recently Released Creatures
- Recently Revealed Dino Dossiers
What do you think? (I know, I didn't mention the 1 and 2 columns layouts for smaller screens.)
Flachdachs (talk) 10:25, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- The problem I see with that is that the Patch Notes sections can either be really long or really short, so having them all together could throw off page layout. This is especially true for smaller-resolution users, who will only have two columns, with 2 and 3 merged together. Maybe Quick Game Basics and Survival at its Finest could be moved to where DLC: The Center is now, and The Center could be moved to somewhere in the right column, which seems a little short of space?
-- Mr Pie 5 (talk) 06:09, 30 July 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, the length of boxes is a problem. But this is already the case with the patch notes for SotF. I think, nobody needs the whole patch notes on the start page. Although most of the time you will see only a short note about the recent hotfix version. This problem can be solved with a "... → read more". Essentially only some meta data about the version and a note if you have to update your server would be sufficient as information on the start page.
- If the intention was to tell which (major) things are new in this version, then the patch notes as implemented now don't satisfy this. This information is only available for some hours (or sometimes minutes) after version x.0 came out, and major an minor things are mixed and make the list long. Then it will be replaced too soon by mostly error correction info. Maybe the former list of upcoming features reduced by the things that didn't made it into the current version would be the better information for the start page. Flachdachs (talk) 07:47, 30 July 2016 (UTC)
Would it be a good idea to have a page that states how the dino rarity is determined? i.e. rare is 4 different seen in a single area, common is 10 and so on and so forth.— Preceding unsigned comment added by TheSk8rJesus (talk • contribs) at 13:43, 2 September, 2016. Please sign your posts with
- I wish I could say that we had a standard method for determining rarity. It's really just a matter of "wow, Diplos seem really rare around here" or "I'm surrounded by dodos here".
-- Mr Pie 5 (talk) 15:11, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- The only objective data source is the devkit. Until someone found out how to extract these data from there we only have the subjective data, falsified by wrong observations due to spawn errors. --Flachdachs (talk) 17:14, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
Should we add this image to "Recently Revealed Dino Dossiers" or not?
Robongio (talk) 06:34, 7 July 2017 (UTC)
- Done. --Flachdachs (talk) 07:30, 7 July 2017 (UTC)
In /Section 2 it is still stated, that "Aberration will be a DLC". will should be changed to is, to match the way it is written for the other DLC. --InfScreenTALK 11:35, 21 December 2017 (UTC)
- I changed that, thanks for the flag. Skylord1496 (talk) 11:54, 21 December 2017 (UTC)
Miss ARK: Evolution Event on section Survival At Its Finest - Events
This event is missing: https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/ARK:_Evolution_Event Ladyzaffira (talk) 10:09, 19 March 2018 (UTC)
New spawn locations format
Personally I don't like the new spawn map for creatures, is it possible to rework it so you have the option for the old format as well? Scrubbanubnub (talk) 15:39, 24 May 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, what exactly is the issue or what is it you don't like? The old representation was very subjective and did not contain the correct spawning-regions. The new format is based on game-data and has the exact regions. The colors are the same, so theoretically there are only advantages. It needs some effort to create such a system, so we'll probably don't implement both versions, but there is always room for improvement if you have concrete suggestions.--Cadaei (talk) 16:11, 24 May 2018 (UTC)
- The issue is not that this new format is inaccurate, it's just that some of the colors can be misleading, perhaps have a overlay that when mouse over the area it will tell you the rarity of the spawn. Scrubbanubnub (talk) 17:17, 24 May 2018 (UTC)
- Which colors do you mean? Are some of them too close or too indistinguishable? Are you using one of the colorblind-modes? I'm not colorblind and would highly appreciate feedback of people who have to use these settings, I just checked it with a browser-plugin that simulates some color-blind-types, but that's probably not the same as someone who really can't see some colors.--Cadaei (talk) 18:44, 24 May 2018 (UTC)
- Some of the colors are too similar, especially on the edges, making them darker should help (very common and very rare) Scrubbanubnub (talk) 21:50, 24 May 2018 (UTC)
- Looking back on this, the colors seem more vivid now, i’m not sure if there ever was a change, but you can definitely see the differences in colors now Scrubbanubnub (talk) 11:35, 11 June 2018 (UTC)
how does dino respawn works ? do you hace to leave the area ? its so for how long ? do you have to kill all the dinos in that area ? i have areas where there are no dinos anymore
Tips and building tactics page?
I feel like something like this is probably already done, but if one is could I have the link? while most building tricks are useless on official due to structure prevention, it could still be of use for unofficial servers, as most of them have this setting off? I don’t mind making one, i just don’t want the page to look bad if i start making it. Scrubbanubnub (talk) 11:33, 11 June 2018 (UTC)
I think something should be changed with the mobile view, i find it FAR easier to use desktop view with my ipad as nothing runs offscreen and all the information loads properly. I’m sure most people use PC’s with this wiki so this isn’t an issue for most, but it’s only an open suggestion. Scrubbanubnub (talk) 01:25, 7 July 2018 (UTC)
- Could you perhaps tell us which information is cut off and doesnt load correctly ? and which ipad you are using (the screen resolution would be what we need most) Genie451 (talk) 11:30, 8 July 2018 (UTC)
Sub-tabs for Sub-creatures? (Suggestion)
With the release of extinction and it's plethora of corrupted creatures, people are probably going to want some tips about fighting them. My idea would add buttons for the subtypes of creatures with it's own 'General, Weakness, Dangers, etc' and it would answer questions like "What's the aggro range on a Corrupt Giganotosaurus?" or "What creature would I use against Corrupt Wyverns if I come across one outside of a OSD event?"
Things about normal rex
Things about normal rex
Things about normal rex
Unique info specific to the Corrupted Rex
Unique info specific to the Corrupted Rex
Unique info specific to the Corrupted Rex
In a nutshell, we add tabs to the 'Combat' section for creature's that have counterparts with different attitudes or significant changes to a particular feature, Doing this for Abberant creatures would be a complete waste of time because they do not behave differently, while Corrupted creatures and Wyvern breeds do apply.
It would be a bit tedious to edit everything, but I think it would be something pretty helpful in the long run; then again, I don't run a wiki, so it's up to you guys who run the show. Scrubbanubnub (talk) 21:02, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
- An additional comment on this, we already do this for the creature stats as well as drops, why not do it for the Combat section aswell?
- 220.127.116.11 15:57, 26 November 2018 (UTC) (aka: ScrubbaNubNub's alt)
Bridges in ark...
I dont know about anyone else but I'm sure that many would like to see some form of or type of extendable bridges in ark particularly ones that are under the wood, stone, and metal categories. I for one would love to see the dev's insert a dynamic bridges system and we could really use them now for our bases, it would make life so much easier. MrWhoteTeps (talk) 05:50, 15 September 2020 (UTC)
- Hello there, we are sorry to hear of your troubles. Unfortunately, since none of the editors here are developers, we can neither help with issues directly related to the game nor influence any facet of its development any more than you can. Instead, you should try posting on the Official Forums, the Steam forums, or use the support-page for help in-game or suggestions related to future development. Regardless, we hope you succeed in your endeavors. Alexrmski (talk) 13:12, 15 September 2020 (UTC)
Anyone else finding the wiki impossible to edit outside of source mode?
I want to know if this is just a me-problem or not, but lately, no matter what internet browser I use, no matter how hard I try, the wiki won't let me edit it on visual mode, I can only edit the wiki on normal mode, which has put a HUGE damper on my ability to update pages with relevant information. The little blue bar that shows how the visual editing mode is loading will fill up to full, and then it just completely stops right there. It doesn't progress to where I can actually edit anything, it just stays in the loading mode with the bar completely filled up. Any answer at all to this problem would be very appreciated.
Saltyralty (talk) 00:07, 20 November 2020 (UTC)Saltyralty
- Yes, this is a platform bug that was reported back when the platform migration happened but it hasn't been fixed yet like many other bugs. It's up to Fandom to fix it eventually and there's not much that can be done. Alexrmski (talk) 09:45, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
- Well darn... thanks for the info Alex, I really needed to know what was going on. They better fix that soon, because it's been screwing with my ability to properly edit pages for a few months now. Really appreciate you letting me know this. Saltyralty (talk) 07:31, 22 November 2020 (UTC)Saltyralty
The Official Ark Wiki twitter feed on the main page seems to be out of date/not updating.
18.104.22.168 19:18, 29 November 2020 (UTC)
- One of the admins who was primarily responsible for keeping it up to date is as of recently no longer on the team. I'll ask about it, and the feed on the main page might get changed back to @survivetheark if nobody's willing to update the feed. Alexrmski (talk) 19:54, 29 November 2020 (UTC)
Broken boxes and tables?
On pages throughout the wiki tables and info boxes with an "expand" button don't expand, making much information inaccessable. This issue might be specific to xbox\console users. If fixable please fix!
22.214.171.124 18:25, 30 January 2021 (UTC)
- We're doing some investigation into the problem, but I'm not sure there's anything we can do about it. The browser does some things it's not supposed to (or in this case, doesn't do some things it is supposed to); it sucks but it seems to be a matter of their software working incorrectly. We discovered similar issues with the PS4 browser recently too.
--Mr Pie 5 (talk) 22:18, 30 January 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you for the info! Hopefully microsoft will improve console internet access. 126.96.36.199 16:45, 31 January 2021 (UTC)
This is not funny!
Remove Comic Sans, pleae.
--188.8.131.52 00:28, 1 April 2021 (UTC)
Counterpoint its very funny Slick604 (talk) 16:59, 1 April 2021 (UTC)
Missing search results from google!
Just a couple of days ago this website was one, if not the most, related to ARK searches on google, like "ark spawn map". Now most of content is related to that crap called pinterest and archive version of fandom. --184.108.40.206 17:29, 20 April 2021 (UTC)
- This was caused by Google reindexing the wiki under the new domain (ark.wiki.gg), and the search positioning should recover soon. For now either add
site:ark.wiki.gg to your queries, use the on-site search functionality (though it isn't great), or use another search engine (like Bing, DuckDuckGo, ...). Alexrmski (talk) 17:49, 20 April 2021 (UTC)
- Ok, get it. Is this also related to the fact half of pages randomly don't load the correct CSS and looks like a mobile page on desktop? --220.127.116.11 16:48, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
- Not related. Certain users being put into the mobile view on desktops is a platform bug. If you're affected, scroll down to the very bottom and click "View full site"/"View desktop site". Alexrmski (talk) 18:18, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
Genesis 2 release
Hello, y'all. Since Genesis Part 2 has been released, it might be a good idea to update the upcoming DLC below the image of it.
Have a good day. -- User:BBQJoetatoChip 00:47, 4 June 2021 (UTC) (I'm not sure if I formatted this right, its my first time)
- Thank you! Updated. Alexrmski (talk) 00:59, 5 June 2021 (UTC)
Is it possible to switch to old layout?
Really new layout is narrow and most pages are messed up for tables and images. So far best solution is use and adblocker and block the right sidebar that is messing up all the pages --18.104.22.168 19:08, 1 July 2021 (UTC)
- You can temporarily switch back to the old layout (Hydra/HydraDark) by adjusting your user preferences - this requires an account, however. Also, you can switch to a wider view via a button in the top left (this tweet has a screenshot with exact location) Alexrmski (talk) 19:50, 1 July 2021 (UTC)
- Oh, thank you! --22.214.171.124 19:56, 1 July 2021 (UTC)
I used to play this game. I was an early game master. I tamed a bronto at just level 18, a pteranodon at 10, a baryonyx at 30, a sarcosuchus at 35, a spino at 40, and a paracerathierium at 45. I got my first gun at the level I unlocked it, same with the sword and second gun. I don’t exactly play anymore cause I was looking for a carno on my paracer, and I had my raptor, ptera, and baryonyx with me, I found it, shot it down untill it was unconscious, began to tame it, and I got logged out, I logged back in, and EVERYTHING, I MEAN EVERYTHING WAS GONE.
Fjurdor: Cannot add map markers
When I try to add a map marker, I get an error message.
- Open the map (press M)
- Add coordinates (press P)
- Enter Latitude = 65
- Enter Longitude = 4
- Enter Marker Name = Base
- Click on Accept
The following error message is displayed:
Numeric values only(10:90)
How can map markers be added?
Thursten4Moore (talk) 16:50, 27 June 2022 (UTC)
- Both latitude and longitude have to be higher than 10 but lower than 90 for a marker to be added to the in-game held map. It's a limitation added in the early days of the game, and we've reported it but it's quite a low priority thing on their side. Not possible to circumvent. Alex4401 (talk) 16:53, 27 June 2022 (UTC)
Redirect Browser Add-on
There is currently a notice about a redirect browser add-on. That's a good idea, however the add-on asks too much permission. Why does it need to access data on google pages, this is suspicious. Fix this and I'll use the add-on. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Koyit20512 (talk • contribs) at 07:42, 10 September 2022. Please sign your posts with
- I've replied to your question on the community portal talk page. Alex4401 (talk) 13:14, 10 September 2022 (UTC)