cheat giveitemnum 50 1 0 0
cheat gfi Fertilizer_Compost 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Consumables/PrimalItemConsumable_Fertilizer_Compost.PrimalItemConsumable_Fertilizer_Compost'" 1 0 0
Fertilizer is a Farming material that is created in a Compost Bin or by a Dung Beetle. It is designed to be the most efficient means of fertilizing your crops; an unused batch of fertilizer provides 54,000 units of 'fertilizer' to any Crop Plot.
Fertilizer can also be produced by Dung Beetles sent on 'wander'. After putting Feces in a beetle's inventory, it will convert it into 1-16 units of Fertilizer and 2-14 units of Oil, depending on the size of the feces. This process takes 15 minutes, and the beetle can convert feces of different sizes simultaneously.
An efficient way to get feces is to feed stim berries to a Phiomia.
Another more active method of getting fertilizer but more efficient is to place a single Toilet and to poop in it. Pooping for the first time in a row in a toilet grants the "refreshed" buff, which gives +33% exp for 2 minutes and allows pooping again. So if you flush after every "first poop" of your time when you sit down, you can get infinite fertilizer very fast. This strategy however is easy to mess up, but can be tried again pretty quick.
To use, open the Crop Plot's Inventory screen by pressing the 'Use' key ("E" by default), or holding the 'Use' key and selecting Inventory from the radial menu. Place the Fertilizer inside the Crop Plot's inventory, and if provided that Seeds/Plants and Water are available, it will continue the growth process. Or for Console Users go to the crops inventory screen and move it over by first double tapping them into the crops/plants inventory.
Storing Fertilizer can be difficult since it does not stack at all. However, with their low weight, storing lots of Fertilizer in a dino can prove to be the most efficient way of storing them. Every creature can hold a maximum of 300 stacks of items. This means something as simple as a Dodo or a Kairuku will be able to hold 300 Fertilizer and still have plenty of carry weight left over.
|Fertilizes full* plant for
|Small Animal Feces
|Medium Animal Feces
|Large Animal Feces
|1d 22h 15m
|Massive Animal Feces
|4d 11h 55m
|Snow Owl Pellet
|6d 10h 10m
|6d 22h 30m
|11d 13h 30m
* When a plant has its maximum of fruits, it needs less fertilizer. As the fruits spoil after some time, leaving the plant in a non-full state for some time, these numbers are rather theoretical maximums.
- Strangely, fertilizer has an option for the player to consume it, but even when eaten, it appears to do nothing.
- The tooltip states "Can Be Repaired At: Compost Bin" but actually it can't. You can only take Fertilizer from the Compost Bin but not place it back there.
- Help crops grow faster and produce much more than using feces directly.
- It is not recommended to alter the size of the fertilizer stacks, crops consume an entire stack of fertilizer at a time, so if for example the fertilizer stack on a server is 10 it will consume all 10 at a time.