Wyvern Milk is an item introduced in Scorched Earth and also available on Ragnarok, Valguero, Genesis: Part 1 and Lost Island. It is used to feed baby Wyverns. It is gathered by collecting it from the inventory of wild unconscious female Wyvern or dead Alpha Fire Wyvern of either sex.
Used to raise baby Wyverns and Imprint upon them. It should be noted that Wyvern milk is the only food a Wyvern will take before the adult stage. Baby, juvenile, and adolescent Wyverns will not eat raw or cooked meat.
It can also be consumed by players to grant the Insulating Warmth buff, which gives 787 hypothermal insulation and immunity to contracting Diseases. It also grants immunity to the damage-over-time from the Enflamed debuff given by fire breath attacks from Wyvern and Bleed effect from Allosaurus, Giganotosaurus and Carnotaurus . It does not give immunity to the Enflamed debuff given by lava, nor does it affect the damage from the breath attack itself. The buff lasts for 180 seconds from the time of usage.
After knocking out a female Wyvern, 5 Wyvern Milk can be found in its inventory. Wyvern torpor depletes quickly, so you should loot it as soon as possible because once the Wyvern wakes up with the Milk still inside, it will be gone until the refresh period when it is knocked out again.
It's possible to knock out the same female Wyvern multiple times and receive milk if a refresh period of 1hr is allowed. however it is not possible to keep said wyvern contained within a trap as any conscious wyverns immediately "teleport" to the trench when out of render distance
Alternatively, 50 Wyvern Milk can be found in the inventory of an Alpha Wyvern of any sex, but will have the spoil time of a normal inventory since the Wyvern is dead.
|Container||Spoiling Time||Spoiling Time in Scorched Earth|
|Player Inventory (with Preserving Salt *)||1h||54m|
|Tamed Dino||2h||1h 48m|
|Tamed Dino (with Preserving Salt *)||4h||3h 36m|
|Preserving Bin||5h||4h 30m|
|Preserving Bin (with Preserving Salt *)||10h||9h|
|Smokehouse||7h 30m||6h 45m|
*Keep in mind that a full stack of preserving salts will spoil in 2 hours for all of these containers and must be restocked periodically in order to maximize the spoil time.
For more information, see Spoilage.
- Tamed female Wyverns do not have milk in their inventory.
- Female Wyvern that have been spawned in and forcetamed will have milk in their inventory. This is true even on Official servers such as when a GM or Dev spawns one in. This milk does not refresh again after that.
- Wyvern milk gives 1200 food to a baby Wyvern.
- Can not be stored in a Refrigerator (since 246.3).
- It does not protect you from the Ember Crystal Wyvern's fire breath or the Magmasaur's burn.
- The milk might be bugged as it doesn't give it's fire immunity
- Placing the item inside Fenrir changes the spoil timer to 2 days and 2 hours, doubled with the presence of Preserving Salt.