This article is a stub. You can help the ARK Wiki by .
Single Player is a Game Mode that allows Survivors to play ARK offline. All features of the online game are present, including mods and one-player Tribes. Screenshots taken via NVIDIA Ansel may only be captured in Single Player.
In Single Player mode you don't need to authorize yourself as an admin nor do you need a prefix like
admincheat before the commands. Just type the bare command and its parameters after you opened the console with the Tab ↹ key. But it also works with the prefixes.
Single Player mode automatically saves every 15 minutes by default. To manually save, press Tab and enter:
Single Player mode does not support multiple save slots. Each separate map allows one save per map. But only DLC maps have their own directory and a separate character profile. However, by backing up the folders SavedArksLocal and LocalProfiles for The Island or respectively named folders for the DLCs, different saves can be loaded.
Changes of Game-multipliers
There is a configuration option "Use Singleplayer Settings" in the General tab of the Host/Local dialog. When activated some settings (e.g. difficulty) are optimized for single players and small groups (non-dedicated sessions). This option was introduced in 259.0.
The intention behind this change was to soothe the Single Player and Non-Dedicated experience to make it more approachable for those playing in smaller groups. Of course, you don't have to have these settings on, but they will make a significant difference to your game!
These are settings which are automatically enabled in Single Player and Non Dedicated Servers. You can turn them off by disabling the ini setting, or just unchecking the box in your host options. Details for all options can be found in Server configuration. These are the changes that occur when Singleplayer Settings are activated:
[ServerSettings] DifficultyOffset=0.200000 XPMultiplier=2.000000 TamingSpeedMultiplier=2.50000 ServerCrosshair=True ShowMapPlayerLocation=True EnablePvPGamma=True AllowFlyerCarryPvE=True [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.125000 EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=10.000000 BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=36.799000 BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier=0.167000 bFlyerPlatformAllowUnalignedDinoBasing=False bAllowCustomRecipes=True bPassiveDefensesDamageRiderlessDinos=True MaxDifficulty=False bUseSingleplayerSettings=True
The PerLevelStatsMultiplier values listed in the table above are the current ones. They were changed since 259.0.  is Health and  is Damage.
- You can create multiple survivors in one Single Player ARK, allowing you to learn all engrams in different characters, and do different jobs, eg. One character for crafting and harvesting, one for combat purposes.
- You need to reach an Obelisk or a Tek Transmitter and upload the current survivor to change to another survivor you want to operate. Dying and spawning another survivor will DESTROY the previous one you were operating just like in Multi Player mode.
- On Single Player, you will not be warned that "up to 10 players can enter boss arenas".
- Timers will not be used or shown for arenas and Tek Cave either.
- Some of the creatures may have different stats on Single Player than on Multi Player.
- All explorernotes give you a four times experience buff.
- Supply drops and etc. can't be used for transfer, only through obelisk terminal, city terminal.