This article is a stub. You can help the ARK Wiki by .
|This article is about content exclusive to the Event: Winter Wonderland, Winter Wonderland 2, Winter Wonderland 3, Winter Wonderland 4, Winter Wonderland 5|
This content is not available outside of these Events.
Raptor Claus is a Raptor dressed as Santa flying over the ARK on his flying sleigh dropping gifts for Survivors.
He drops Beacons that contain, amongst other things, Mistletoe and Coal which can be used in a Cooking Pot to make Winter Wonderland items. These drops do also include some better items that are not found in any current drops. In Winter Wonderland 3, these can also be given to another creature dressed as Santa called GachaClaus, and in Winter Wonderland 4, sometimes at least one Chibi-Pets will be present in it.
Item Quality from the presents dropped are typically Apprentice or better. Ascendant items can be found with quality far beyond any ascendant items found through other means—resulting in EXTREMELY high durability, damage, insulation or armor values.
The items that Raptor Claus drops can be used to craft Holiday Lights, Candy Cane Club, Megaloceros Reindeer Costume, a Santa hat for both your person and Dino, Stocking, Holiday Tree, Snowman and Wreath.
Santa Drops can be spawned with
cheat summon SupplyCrate_Gift_C, which will then drop from the sky at the players position, or at the Latitude and Longitude stated after the command. Example:
cheat summon SupplyCrate_Gift_C 20 35
Raptor Claus can appear anywhere at the edge or certain spots of the ARK. There are a few exceptions to this rule:
- Aberration: Raptor Claus only appears within Southwest Surface
- Genesis Part 1: Raptor Claus will appear at any simulation. However, the direction it is going shows which simulation it will head to next: (i.e: Its heading north from southern-west borders of Snow Biome Simulation, which technically means it will head to Lunar Biome Simulation)
- Every night during the event (between 0:00am and 2:00am), if there are no other Raptor Claus already present on the map, a Raptor Claus will spawn and drop presents until 2:00am, at which point he will stop dropping presents and just keep flying until he exits the map.
- If Raptor Claus leaves the map before 2:00am, for example if his trajectory(which is a random straight line) was too short, or if the night cycle is longer than usual, a new one will spawn and drop presents until 2:00am.
- If the length of nights are dramatically shortened on a server, Raptor Clause may appear to just fly across the map without dropping presents. This is because the period of midnight to 2 am was too short.
- When Raptor Claus spawns, there is an audible 'Ho Ho Ho!' and a message appears saying: "Raptor Claus has arrived!!!" with the raptor icon next to it.
- Unofficial servers can add Raptor Claus to their map outside of the event with the Raptor Claus Map Extension on the Steam Workshop
- When the gifts reach the floor there is a 'bells jingling' noise.
- During night, look out for orange lights in the sky, if you have access to a Spyglass use it.