There are currently 32 Achievements to be earned on Steam and 33 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 (as Trophies).
Some achievements will award you a Skin, Emotes or Hairstyles. Once you earn a skin this way it will reappear in your inventory every time you respawn, on every character you make with that account. Hairstyles and emotes unlocked this way are also usable on every character under that account.
Your First Day...
Survive a full length day and night on the ARK.
- Awards: Torch Sparkler Skin
Reach the highest mountain peak of the ARK.
- Awards: Party Hat Skin
Reach the bottom of the ARK's oceans.
- Awards: Candy Cane Club Skin
Uncover more than 80% of the Mini-Map.
Cure yourself of Swamp Fever.
- Awards: Vampire Eyes Skin
Your First Dino...
Tame a dinosaur.
- Awards: Nerdry Glasses Skin
Your First Ride...
Ride a dinosaur.
- Awards: Parasaur Stylish Saddle Skin
Ride a T-Rex.
- Awards: Fireworks Flaregun Skin
Ride a Giganotosaurus.
- Awards: Fireworks Rocket Launcher Skin
You tamed all of the domesticable creatures on the ARK!
- Awards: Werewolf Mask Skin and Rex Stomped Glasses Saddle Skin
- Unlocks Emote: Heart Emote
- All of these dinos can be obtained in Lost Island, Crystal Isles, Ragnarok and The Center.
- the following dinos need to be tamed to unlock the achievement:
- Dung Beetle
- Terror Bird
- Woolly Rhino
Reach the maximum survivor level.
- Awards: Birthday Suit Pants Skin & Birthday Suit Shirt Skin
- Unlocks Hairstyles: Braids Head Hair Style & Curly Beard Facial Hair Style
- This refers to the maximum level currently attainable by the player with unlocked ascensions and Chibi pet effects. Without any effects the level 105.
- There is a rare bug where this will not earn, requiring to make a new survivor to get this.
- Awards: Dino Glasses Skin
- "Maximum level" only means that you have to get the creature to its maximum experience. It does not mean you have to get the maximum possible level (i.e. finding a max level wild creature, taming it with max efficiency, and leveling it up all the way), as such, the creature actually needs to earn 88 levels over it's tamed or bred level.
You discovered 10% of the Explorer Notes on the ARK!
- Awards: Stego Bone Costume
You discovered 20% of the Explorer Notes on the ARK!
- Awards: Raptor Bone Costume
You discovered 30% of the Explorer Notes on the ARK!
- Awards: Carno Bone Costume
You discovered 40% of the Explorer Notes on the ARK!
- Awards: Procoptodon Bunny Costume
You discovered 50% of the Explorer Notes on the ARK!
- Awards: Trike Bone Costume
You discovered 60% of the Explorer Notes on the ARK!
- Awards: Megaloceros Reindeer Costume
You discovered 70% of the Explorer Notes on the ARK!
- Awards: Bronto Bone Costume
You discovered 80% of the Explorer Notes on the ARK!
- Awards: Quetzalcoatlus Bone Costume
You discovered 90% of the Explorer Notes on the ARK!
- Awards: Rex Bone Costume
You discovered 100% of the Explorer Notes on the ARK!
- Awards: Giganotosaurus Bone Costume, Jerboa Bone Costume and Wyvern Bone Costume
- Unlocks Hairstyles: Viking Head Hair Style & Viking Beard Facial Hair Style
- You need all Explorer Notes of The Island, including the Genesis Chronicles and Genesis 2 Chronicles if you have access to HLNA to unlock it, as well as the entries for Bosses and Epilogue when beating the Overseer. The Extinction Chronicles notes of The Island are not needed, however.
- Note that this is not the trigger for the extra 10 levels if you have purchased any of the DLC.
You found the Dossiers of each of ARK's initial Specimens!
- Awards: Dino Bunny Ears Skin, Dino Party Hat Skin, Dino Santa Hat Skin, and Dino Witch Hat Skin
- To obtain this achievement, you must find all of Helena's Dino Dossiers (also see: Explorer Notes).
- Prior to v248.0, one had to kill or tame all available creatures and bosses to receive this achievement.
Personally retrieved all the Artifacts.
- Awards: Bunny Ears Skin
- Unlocks Hairstyles: Ponytail Head Hair Style & Mutton Chops Facial Hair Style
- To obtain this achievement, you must explore every Cave and collect their Artifacts. You must personally loot the artifacts from each loot crate and place them within your inventory.
You defeated ARK's first Ultimate Life Form!
- Awards: Witch Hat Skin
- To obtain this achievement, you must be near Broodmother Lysrix within its Boss Arena when it is killed. You do not necessarily have to personally kill it. You will also receive the Broodmother Trophy and Spider Flag upon defeating the Broodmother Lysrix.
You defeated ARK's second Ultimate Life Form!
- Awards: Santa Hat Skin
- Unlocks Emote: Snowball Emote
- To obtain this achievement, you must be near Megapithecus within its Boss Arena when it is killed. You do not necessarily have to personally kill it. You will still receive the Megapithecus Trophy and Gorilla Flag regardless of whether or not you are mounted.
You defeated ARK's third Ultimate Life Form!
- Awards: Chieftan Hat Skin
- Unlocks Emote: Turkey Emote
- To obtain this achievement, you must be near the Dragon within its Boss Arena when it is killed. You do not necessarily have to personally kill it, You will still receive the Dragon Trophy and Dragon Flag regardless of whether or not you are mounted.
You've defeated ARK's first three Ultimate Life Forms! And yet...
- Awards: Top Hat Skin
- Unlocks Emote: Evil Emote
- To obtain this achievement, you must be near Broodmother Lysrix, Megapithecus or Dragon respectively within their Boss Arenas when they are killed.
Survivor of the Center
You defeated the guardians of The Center!
- Awards: Giga Bionic Costume
You ascended off the ARK, at Gamma level!
You ascended off the ARK, at Beta Level!
- Awards: DodoWyvern Mask Skin & Survivor's Trophy
- Unlocks Hairstyles: Afro Head Hair Style & Goatee Facial Hair Style
You ascended off the ARK, at Alpha level!
- Awards: Clown Mask Skin & Rex Bionic Costume
- Unlocks Hairstyles: Dreadlocks Head Hair Style & Dread Beard Facial Hair Style
Unlock All Achievements.
Fear Evolved: DodoRex Hunter
- To obtain this achievement, you originally had to defeat the DodoRex during the ARK: Fear Evolved event. However, this achievement may also be obtained through various other events simply by collecting enough of a special resource to summon it. Other events where it could be summoned include ARK: Turkey Trial, ARK: Winter Wonderland, and ARK: Eggcellent Adventure.